KiteLife Forum

Addiction

Breezin

Starting to really feel the difference between the inputs of the Widow ng. Night hawk and Addiction. Gaining control over all 3 pretty well. Beginning to understand the feed back from the kites. Widow and Nighthawk pretty similar. Addiction a lot different. After reading reviews and mod info thought the Addiction at this point would be number 3 or gone. It's my fav so far. In talking to Jon T about modding the kite he gave me the rundown on the kite and it just clicked. The kite doesn't over steer or become twitchy unless inputs are not precise. It's quick  and very responsive. Out of the 3 the most forgiving , easiest to correct and hardest to break. When reading about hand positioning and the importance of wrist movement that's when I started to connect to the kite. It's a freaking blast!! Had an 8 year old grand daughter out today on the foil, Widow and Addiction for a few hours until wind left. She took to it like a duckling to a mud puddle. It took me over 20 times to slack the lines in a crash. Her dad with my help and a big stick 11. Her 4 :pinch:. On 1 flight she nose dived from top center figured out she was going to crash threw slack and ran forward. Kite did 4 roll ups and settled to the ground. She's screaming what do I do, what do I do and I'm screaming I don't know I don't know. Great fun. Asked her why she liked the Addiction best. Slightly uncomfortable she said it kinda talked to me. 2 of her cousins 6 and 10 said the same thing in the same circumstances :). Loving this kite folks. As I get better I know the other 2 will become as much fun in their own way. I do good at flying around learning the window, cornering and such on the Nighthawk and Addiction. As soon as I get the Widow up it's like all common sense goes out the window. Gotta try and trick it sigh. Know It's gonna break again can't help it. Grand kids coming Sunday are 4,6,6,7 and 9. They have a Vision and another Addiction. Hopefully Sunday this part of Colorado will have much Addiction in the air. The good kind.Your kind :dual:Think I'm addicted to the Addiction:wub:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, Breezin said:

Starting to really feel the difference between the inputs of the Widow ng. Night hawk and Addiction. about modding the kite

Are you talking about the original addiction, or the newer addiction pro?

Did you do any mods?

I am also interested in this kite, and learning about the mods.

We had 2 Addictions in the air last Sat. Didn't even get simultaneous crashes let alone slides and axles LOL. Would be cool to see you pull that off Ca Ike.

Need more practice so I can do it intentionally . A friend of mine passed and I inherited his kites so I took up his multikite flying. Been doing it for a couple months with a couple cherry bombs.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

I've got the Addiction. Talked to Jon T and I think the different mods people were doing resulted in the Addiction Pro. I won't do any mods and am having a blast on the kite. I read about the mods and I believe 2 different shops were doing them. I've got the Nighthawk that evolved into the Wolf ng but don't know if I'd replace tit for tat. When it comes time to replace the Addiction I'll go for the Pro with out a doubt. Seemed to me the bridle mods were to help the kite track better and be a little more stable. The frame mods make it a different kite I suppose. Just when you think you're getting the hang of things and making some progress then along comes a spider and says look I can do 1 in each hand. OMG  I want to do that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Breezin said:

I've got the Addiction. Talked to Jon T and I think the different mods people were doing resulted in the Addiction Pro. I won't do any mods and am having a blast on the kite. I read about the mods and I believe 2 different shops were doing them. I've got the Nighthawk that evolved into the Wolf ng but don't know if I'd replace tit for tat. When it comes time to replace the Addiction I'll go for the Pro with out a doubt. Seemed to me the bridle mods were to help the kite track better and be a little more stable. The frame mods make it a different kite I suppose.

I see. That is interesting.

I don't see the nighthawk and addiction available for sale much anymore. I had to look up the nighthawk.

• 3 weeks later...

Thursday I moved upper bridle connection to the top of LE connector on the Addiction. Winds didn't go over 6 and sometimes 0.Took awhile to get the feel of the kite in winds below 4. Slowed the kite down a bit and less flippy. Flew for 2 hours and liked it. Noticed my hand position shifted. Did not need to keep them so close together.Took some of the excitement out of the kite though. Yesterday morning flew the Zephyr in low winds. By noon winds were hitting 8 and going higher.Got the Addiction and left the adjustment in for about a 1/2 hour. Went back to stock. Winds were between 8 and 12. For me that's the sweet spot on my Widow. Over 12 the pull gets pretty rough on my back still and can only last about an hour. Debated and stayed on the Addiction. After 2 hours of whooping and hollering with much laughter I was done. I am going to move the Grand kids Addiction to the upper setting. Needs to be a little calmer for them for now. Mine stays stock. It takes soft hands and that will translate well in learning to fly the Hydra.