KiteLife Forum

Jest Checking In

riffclown

Jest Checking In Concept Drawing. another in between step for the Jester and my future Fractal build. Concept hit me yesterday.. To do this one, it looks like I'll be making two complimentary kites unless I allow the panels to compliment each other as before..

.. It's still only in my head right now.. lots of details to solidify before I cut more than the two starting panels.

JestCheckingIn.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, riffclown said:

Jest Checking In Concept Drawing. another in between step for the Jester and my future Fractal build. Concept hit me yesterday.. To do this one, it looks like I'll be making two complimentary kites unless I allow the panels to compliment each other as before..

.. It's still only in my head right now.. lots of details to solidify before I cut more than the two starting panels.

JestCheckingIn.jpg

I like it when things "still only in your head" escape into the air & I can fly them...   Woo Hoo,  SHBKF

• Like 3

First cuts are done and primary tape in place.. Decided asymmetrical was my best bet since I only had to get two halves right instead of four..Letting my back rest for a few before I mark off the other axis.. Pics soon-ish????

Will definitely keep you all posted..

6 hours ago, riffclown said:

So now that both panels are basted, I'm rethinking the center.. I don't want to waste the infinity look.. More to come...

Don't always go with your first choice. If you think it will be weak at that point, reinforce on the back side. I think that large triangle in the middle is not the way to go.

This one looks like a few of my designs. 

I had someone point out panel alignment issues based on the picture of me holding the panels up.. I fully acknowledge it isn't perfect and close inspection on any of my kites will yield similar "perspectives"

Backlit from 6 ft away, those issues all but disappear. It's not perfect but the effect I'm going for isn't lost either. I guess, please keep in mind that I also minimize waste as much as possible.. I start with two big triangles and splice them down to get the look I want.

Taking a week off from the sewing machine.. More to come soon..

20180203_100709c.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you.. one of the reasons for taking a step back break is to explore options.. Until I sew, trim to dimensions and edge bind, I still have options. Nothing is final until the LE is attached.. FWIW, I also still have the reciprocal piece from this sail available. I could do left side checking in and right side checkmate.

Yes, making is almost as addictive as flying.. and regardless of weather, you only have to wait for time..

20180203_120145.jpg