KiteLife Forum

Fun Fly

cerfvoliste

So glad you posted this. After all I've read and learned the last few months I think the Fearless vented light is the next kite for me. Really having a hard time not getting a Hydra, Kymera,Enigma or Ocius std. because the prices are so good. Talked it over with the wife this morning and she thought it would be okay to get 1 of those 4. Really leaning towards the Ocius. When I brought up the Fearless at $550.00 I slammed my head into the proverbial brick wall. The air around me started turning into beautiful shades of blue. Lot's of it's a :kid_cussing:kite :kid_cussing:Rightly so.Do not have the skills yet to even justify in my own mind. Out flying today trying to make up my mind I got to thinking about how much I've got to learn and trying to figure out which one would be the least like what I have..  Went to checkout on the Ocius and decided to read a little more. Saw this video and got a much needed  check your goals dude. Money back in the piggy bank. It's going to take lots of wonderful hours to get my Zephyr and Widow ng to look 1/2 as good as you guys on those Fearless.Hopefully in a year I can justify a call to Lam . It's not like I'm suffering on crap kites thanks to these forums :). Lam might even recommend something other than the Fearless. It's a call I'm itching to make. In the meantime practice till it's not fun. Keep practicing till it's fun again. Goal make sure it's fun all the time. Well at least relaxing.

Kite enabler....

Don't think about it as "don't have the skills to justify..." Think about it as "extends the flying range to further skill advancement".

Just a note on the vented kite. They are so very sweet when dealing with gusty winds. My 7Vented is great and came with brakes to further diffuse the pressure.

Sent from a Galaxy 8 Far Far Down Under.

• Like 1

A kite that handles higher gusty winds is what I need next. A strong gust blew up my Zephyr lower spreader and still not sure if I could have avoided that cause I didn't here it coming. Last time I flew the Jet winds popped in and out pretty fast and were swirly.from 15 to close to 25. Think that contributed to losing control in a power dive blowing the kite apart. More my skills though. Doesn't seem like there are many kites designed for inland gusty winds. Going to look at the 7 again. 

Inland / gusty, often times the best choice is a shallower sail (shorter standoffs) as deeper sails (like the Fearless) have a tendency to want to lay on their back (turtle), shallower kites are much harder to get smacked out of the air by gusty wind.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Read quite a few opinions that the Fearless vented over came that and still very flyable over 25. Different placement of the mylar and where the  vents are  makes the sail flatter? Going to replace the Jet Speed very soon and a boutique kite is not an option right now. Suggestions  cause I'm at a loss except for trying another speed kite.. Without having to go to the dark side of course :animal_rooster:.

15 hours ago, Breezin said:

Read quite a few opinions that the Fearless vented over came that and still very flyable over 25. Different placement of the mylar and where the  vents are  makes the sail flatter? Going to replace the Jet Speed very soon and a boutique kite is not an option right now. Suggestions  cause I'm at a loss except for trying another speed kite.. Without having to go to the dark side of course :animal_rooster:.

There is the possibility that you may be much happier on the dark side. It may be worth your while to try it. Soooo much easier to control than a dual-line once you get the hang of it.