KiteLife Forum

Weird ?

Breezin

Was at the center of window on my Nighthawk going for a snap stall landing. Was going to take a break and was trying to land the kite as close to my beer as I could with out knocking it over. Nose down I missed it and instead of starting over tried to correct. One more nose dive in the books. Winds were around 10 mph and it was pretty hard. Kite stopped about 2"" from spilling the beer. Lucky me. Looked over the kite really well and nothing appeared to be wrong. 1/2 hour later was checking over the kite again and the sunlight glinted off the fracture. I've broken enough spreaders to know that the crack was from the nose dive. The subsequent flights made it visible. It looks like someone  etched it. The inward end of the crack is square. IMG_20180221_162803544_HDR.jpg. No fibers sticking out. Weird but still broke :kid_cussing:. Love my Nighthawk but I'm sure rough on it. Kinda rough on all of them.

• Like 1