KiteLife Forum

Happy day!

Justin2kites

Hi guys! Been a few weeks since I talked to y'all, been busy, I hope everyone is doing well. I had to stop in and say hi real quick and tell everyone how happy I am. Kaiju #31 is in my hands, and she's beautiful!:wub: I'm glad I finally ended up with purple/white, it was a tough choice, but it looks awesome! Great work @John Barresi and Kite Forge, and thank you!

Im still having trouble uploading pics for some reason, but I'll try to get some posted soon, and maybe even a video when I can. Talk to y'all soon!B)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! Well, I've flown the Kaiju a couple of times now, and had a blast doing it! I haven't really been able to do any tricks with it yet, but I'll keep working on it. One of the reasons I wanted to get into kiting was to get outside more and get some more exercise, the Kaiju fits this bill well. After five or ten minutes I had to stop and take a break...lol... So far I've only been able to fly it with two hands. I tried to do it like JB did in the videos, but so far couldn't figure that out. However I can now confirm that this is a surprisingly tuff little kite. I stuffed it straight into the ground a couple times and have dragged the wing tips a few times, but the Kaiju took it in stride. Not that I would recommend doing that, but it's nice to know it's not as frail as it appears to be. And did I mention how beautiful this kite is?:wub:

Anyway, that's about it for now,  just wanted to share my experience so far. It's been a little too windy for the Kaiju lately, but I'll be getting her out next time we get a nice still day. I'll let you know how the next flight goes! Happy flying!

P.S. still not having any luck with pics,  and I did try on my desktop. I'm sure it's something on my end, but I can't figure it out. Could it just be because I'm still running win7? I know it's pretty out of date now, but haven't really had any other problems and don't really want to "upgrade".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Justin2kites said:

P.S. still not having any luck with pics,  and I did try on my desktop. I'm sure it's something on my end, but I can't figure it out. Could it just be because I'm still running win7? I know it's pretty out of date now, but haven't really had any other problems and don't really want to "upgrade".

Win7 should not pose any problems. Most of the time it's the size in of the photo file. You'll get a message that says something on the order of "photo file size too large". You can use a photo editor to make a copy, change the size (usually 50% will work) and save it as a separate file (give it a different name like if the original is Joe, call it Joe2) and try posting again.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, John Barresi said:

So happy to hear all that about the Kaiju. :ani_punk:

Weird about the pic uploads, sometimes an issue with mobile (size limitations) but a desktop unit should work just fine.

Any particular errors or symptoms other than the images not appearing?

A few random glitches here and there, but nothing that seems to be obviously related. I have had some RAM failures lately, but it was cheap used RAM I got from ebay, so I figured that it was just crappy RAM. No other major issues. Could it be because I'm using Internet Explorer? I can't watch live feeds on youtube anymore because IE isn't supported anymore. IDK.. I'm going to give it another try in a minute.

Anyway..... Just got done flying the Kaiju again! I'm getting better! And by that I mean I actually kept it in the air for about 30 seconds.:blush: Haha... That really is an improvement, so I feel like I'm making progress.^_^ I was able to launch it up and over the top and then into a full circle and back over the top. It wasn't graceful by any means, but I'll take it. Looking forward to the next flight!

• Like 2