KiteLife Forum

Beach!

Fragpie

Shipped my hypnotist + tube tail to Aruba... discovered i’m on the wrong side of the island for best “beach wind”... however 30km/hr winds good enough, and flying out over the breaking surf was mesmerizing. About 20 pounds of sand to clean out of the tube tail after landing, but still... getting why this is a beach sport!

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

I am looking out the window at snowflakes, and the thermometer says 0* C so the title caught my eye. Envy you! Pics would be nice but my imagination suffices at the moment.

The kite will be fast in a 30kph wind; pull a bit, too.

Interested in your idea of shipping it down -- how did that work out for you? Shipping it back, too?

Aruba isn't that large I gather, so a bus or a car to another beach might be feasible, eh?

I am looking out the window at snowflakes, and the thermometer says 0* C so the title caught my eye. Envy you! Pics would be nice but my imagination suffices at the moment.
The kite will be fast in a 30kph wind; pull a bit, too.
Interested in your idea of shipping it down -- how did that work out for you? Shipping it back, too?
Aruba isn't that large I gather, so a bus or a car to another beach might be feasible, eh?

Sunwing allows complimentary sports equipment baggage, so very simple, just an extra piece of luggage to wait for at the carousel. Yes, tomorrow heading to a beach on the other side, but will not be practicing skills as i’d hoped, since the wind this week is strong even for aruba.
IMG_5685.JPG

• Like 1

Ok... I will say that, despite 35-50km/km wind, had a blast. Spent 95% of the time at the edge of the window, nervously watching the LEs twitching, but still so much fun... 4 y old Swedish boy who only knew the english word “snake!” helped :) Aruba: not a stunt kite destination, but the rum helps.

• Like 2