Quad Kites For Sale

Prices include shipping.  No International shipping without someone vouching for you in a super good way...

All prices negotiable. Selling for someone..I will relay..they reply quickly.

All kites are New or Like New unless specified 

Each Kite has included accessories (Minimum) :

Sleeve (Generic or Original)

Generic Handles

Generic Spectra or Dyneema Quad Line Set  90#x65'

Detailed pics upon request.

Hengda or Albatross Quads:

Used Standard - Light color bleed in 1 spot. White slightly yellowed. Good Condition  $85.00

New Standard                                                                                                                             $120.00

New Standard                                                                                                                             $120.00

New Vented                                                                                                                                $120.00

5 Stack ( Standards) Multiple line sets and Handles                                                           $575.00

Purple Standard       Discoloration at folds                                                                            $65.00    SOLD

Small Yellow/White /Black                                                                                                       $75.00   

Lanyork Spider                                                                                                                            $100.00

Revolution Exp      Red/ Black                                                                                                   $125.00

Revolution SuperSonic                        Sail/Frame/Bag/extra rod                                         $225.00 

Not all Kites Pictured. Work on the rest this evening.

DSC_2795.jpg

DSC_2785.jpg

DSC_2792.jpg

DSC_2867.jpg

Edited by mystainedskin
Update
  • Like 1

Reached my limit for pic uploads... Fb album created. Individual pics not labeled yet, but it should be in somewhat of a decipherable order....until later.

if you feel the urge for browsing.... 

• Like 1

Any chance you can post some pics here of the Rev Supersonic?  I cant seem to get the facebook link to load.

On 3/15/2018 at 11:31 AM, hydro18679 said:

Any chance you can post some pics here of the Rev Supersonic?  I cant seem to get the facebook link to load.

I can email or message me via FB.. reached my limit on uploads. 

Blue...New..Extra Spars.. Sail only

Sorry I didn't see your request until now.

Hi 

I hope I'm not wasting time and space with my questions..but I suspect other newbie but wanna be quad flyers have read the opposing theories and rumors ..and would appreciate your clarification.

so..

I want to get my first quad ..your prices make me think this is possible.

But. so much conflicting advise..warnings to only buy rev

The others are cheap ..cheap parts & build,  that chinese fall apart or being poorly made are  hard to fly etc

I've been warned rev  exp is better - even as their cheap entry level is consistently a good purchase. With warnings that these   chinese brands will end  up in sad regret.

This seems rather extreme.  Is it .truth or a reflection of a  'cult" of  rev owners/fliers dismissing any other quad??

So I end up not getting. Quad...while I wait to get some $

Then I see your listing(s) and prices..and now I really am not sure ..

Would you suggest the exp over the others?

The $75 small yellow is tempting... But with the exp at $125 

So back to uninformed indecision..

I have never even seen let alone  tried any. Non rev quad.

My decision would really be a wild guess.

Can you help me. What's your informed suggestion?

Should I wait. for $ for rev. Or buy the lowest cost small yellow

Normal pre sale questions:

Will they fly about the same and last about as long?

Are replacement parts easily available for non Rev brands..

With 10 models  / 4 brands for sale...what do you suggest

Thanks

• Like 1

pretty good guess --> reflection of a  'cult" of  rev owners/fliers dismissing any other quad.

I hesitated to respond but you asked a very pointed question.. FWIW< any of these offerings are fine to learn on.. As for replacement parts, the New Revs aren't interchangeable with the older frames. The rods and caps have all been changed to make them almost exclusively incompatible with Revs from a few years ago..

I have one of the Hengda Tomahawk Vented kites. (like in the second picture in the first post with vents) and have had it for a few years now with no issues. I did replace the lineset that came with it with better quality lines but the kite itself is fine.

The off brands like Hengda, Albatross and similar are fairly comparable to the EXP. Factory QC may not be as good, but a used kite has already taken that risk and the owner should be able to give you info on any issues encountered.

For your first quad kite, I recommend you buy used and these have already been checked and probably tuned by Scott ( @mystainedskin ) IF that is true, then the factory QC is not an issue as the kite has passed the test of a seasoned quad flier.

If it's truly your first quad, also don't fly alone. You'll be amazed at how much you can learn just being around other quad fliers. Good luck..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

thanks so much for helping me figure out that - I will be able to get a quad this year!!

after following around a quad flier duo -  I learned so much on my two line(s) that I bet I would still be spending more time untangling line than flying still ..which was the 1st 3 years...then watching the quads - and reading and practicing I had some real breakthroughs last summer - and  was rewarded with being permitted to fly their quads..and ..well I suppose you all know ..it was ..profound. 

So thanks again for the guidance...

• Like 3

I have inspected the kites for listings. No tuning or flying experience with any of the brands. Simply selling for someone.

My thoughts on the subject....

They are all quads. They all fly similar. They all react similar. Some better than others...yes. For a first kite without a big bite....could be a low cost choice.

As you can see...1 kite is never enough and you progress into what fits you and your desires as you learn. I would recommend sticking with the 1.5 sized sails. The yellow and black is a smaller sail and is going too react and fly different than the 1.5 sized versions.

Just cause it says Revolution on it, does not always mean "Quality". There have been many issues from that house also....

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Jeff cameron said:

Willing to take $200 for the Revolution SuperSonic?

FYI. I don't know your level of experience, but if this is going to be your first quad-line kite don't buy the SS. It is fast and unforgiving. Not the kite to learn with. Not impossible but it will definitely cause a great deal of grief to anyone just starting to fly quad. If you have experience with quads and have mastered basic control you're going to love it.

Malatakam,  thanks for the heads up! I'm working with a rev 1.5 right now and Still Have tons to figure out. In figure it would be fun to have  as that carrot to work up to. Thanks again for the feedback!

20 hours ago, Jeff cameron said:

Malatakam,  thanks for the heads up! I'm working with a rev 1.5 right now and Still Have tons to figure out. In figure it would be fun to have  as that carrot to work up to. Thanks again for the feedback!

Go for it, then. I had 3 of them at one point. When you get the urge for something different it definitely fits the bill. Has a few moves that you will never be able to get the 1.5 to do. Loads of fun, just be careful the first time around and make sure the wind is relatively slow so no one gets hurt. The SS is a hoot and a holler!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The SS is a rocket ship in higher winds and is a blast to fly. It’s a good quad to have if you enjoy flying really fast. Like makatakam said get used to it in lower winds and you will really enjoy the way it performs. One of my sons favorite Kites to fly. He’s 15 now started flying it a couple years ago.

Sent from my IPhone

• Thanks 1