KiteLife Forum

Youtube Influencers - Kites

A few months ago, one of the "evening kitelife group chats" I mentioned in the chat to JB the need of "Youtube Influencers" for our kiting community, to bring in the new generation of flyers and help create awareness of this amazing addiction.

Just a few hours ago, Flite Test (huge channel for RC community) put up their very first kiting video!! Sure, it's showcasing a dual line parafoil (Prism Synapse, my favorites) and no quads/Revs yet... but maybe JB and iQuad could consider networking and getting a feature going with the Flite Test channel Josh and his crew, show them how it's done JB! Maybe even talk to them about KiteForge :P

I am sooo excited to see where this continues. Like them, I found my love for this sport because I had too much wind for my RC fad back then. They've done a video now on Kites because it's too windy for them to do RC content currently.

I hope more 'younguns' stream in over to the addiction! AND with Youtube Influencers, when one covers something of interest, you can bet other influencers will hop aboard and continue creating more and more coverage on the topic, ie. Kites!!!

I left a comment on this 1 video I've linked here using my same username, quick Thumb up it so we get the comment pinned in the video and send people to Kitelife! :D:D:D:D 

• Like 2

I've been watching FliteTest for the last couple of weeks, almost everything they've done since day one, paying special attention to the soaring/glider videos and then found the Dynamic Soaring reference which I found fascinating. I actually suggested kites to them for days when the wind makes it hard to fly RC, but it was probably more people than just me suggesting it to get them to do it. Gonna go watch it now and come back with my response.

Edit: Watched the video. Pretty cool. I hope they do tests of other types of kites in the future. I think they can get a lot of new people into the sport. I'm going to go to their site and suggest more kite videos.

Such an opportunity to reach out, they have a solid production crew already, and consistent creation with very nicely sized following. Show them how awesome kites really can get, invite them to a private Clinic session, get their crew hooked on the addiction, their big followers will find their way to these forums and then we work on conversion for sales!