KiteLife Forum

Car Burglarized Handles and Line bag stolen

Partsguy559

Some Savage Stole my Bag containing my lines handles and a tripod last night.  So bummed.  Also relieved they didn't notice the $600.00 worth of kites sitting there.  My Parents are coming to Visit this weekend and I was excited to show my dad my new Rev.  Now I have to scramble to find some new handles and Lines by Saturday.  Just want to vent to someone who will feel my pain. Hope your days are better.

Some Savage Stole my Bag containing my lines handles and a tripod last night.  So bummed.  Also relieved they didn't notice the $600.00 worth of kites sitting there.  My Parents are coming to Visit this weekend and I was excited to show my dad my new Rev.  Now I have to scramble to find some new handles and Lines by Saturday.  Just want to vent to someone who will feel my pain. Hope your days are better.

i feel you man, good and bad on he same time. good news, kites are a lot more important then line and handles and you have some of the best kite stores in area to replace your loss. not good for expenses but at least you will enjoy with your parents a great week-end

Sorry to hear that. Something similar happened to a friend, he lost a number of kites that are pretty much irreplaceable. We are still all keeping an eye out for them to pop up on eBay or Craigslist. 

One thing I would say is to search the area where the crime occurred... once the crackhead that broke into you car realizes what was in the bag, he probably just tossed it. I mean, what does a crackhead need with a bag full of a bunch of string, anyway ? Its not like its worth anything on the street...

Man, that sucks. Good thing the kites didn't get taken. I would put out the word out about the theft in your area...there is always the chance that the thief opened the bag and thought "what the heck is this??? This is worthless to me!" And then dumped it somewhere.

I feel for you. Theft always sucks, and when it is your the items that make your happy pastimes possible it double sucks.

Are you near other fliers? I would lend you lines to use if you were close.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://KiteLife mobile app