KiteLife Forum

Welcome gljjr

Hello @gljjr,

Welcome to KiteLife®!

Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Need to tweak settings?

Edit your profile here - View Member
Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/

Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for...

Member Chat
Member Map
KL Shop

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life! ;)

Thanks for the welcome.  I flew my first Rev in 1993 at the Long Beach Wa kite festival.  I was instantly hooked and purchased a Rev II.  A year later I made my own version and sized it down just slightly using Icarex for the sail and window mesh on the leading edge. This turned out to be a great flier and flies in very low wind.  I’m currently working on my first kite with appliqué on the sail. I should have it flying this weekend.   

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum kite maker and pilot!

4 hours ago, gljjr said:

I’m currently working on my first kite with appliqué on the sail.

If I could ask for a favor? -  I'd like to see those attempts. In a future I wouldn't mind seeing some of that work.     I have relatively recently started out with the sewing machine, but have not yet tried appliqué, so I'm curious about any difficulties and hints (preferably with some nice pictures). E.g. what method do you use to attach the end of the thread when starting and stopping sewing? Cold or hot cutting of ripstop panels? Why a certain type of stitches happened to be used...