KiteLife Forum

Jeff Howards~"the Next"

AiyanaLeigh

Well here it is almost competition time again and once again I'm wondering what to fly for Precision this year. God knows I've tried enough kites to choke most horses but can't seem to find that "just right" combination that suits my style (lazy) of flying!! I don't like kites that take a lot of input...like the STX's...so I'm open to suggestions.

One of the kite makers I'm looking at is Jeff Howard and his "Next". I was wondering if anyone has tried his kites and could tell me, or better yet write a review of the Next? I'm looking at three kites, an SUL or UL, a Standard and a Vented for those "what am I doing here windy days".

Another is the Shiva, but I'm primarily looking for an awesome (or better) precision kite. (Don't want much do I??? ;) )

• 1 month later...
Guest AndrewC.

My suggestion is to fly the shiva. Its a great kite and does whatever you want it to do, (with the right flyer.) It doesn't take much to get the kite to do what you want it to do. I've never flown a next but from watching Rick and Reid fly it I would say it takes a lot of movement to be as precise as you want it. So, my suggestion is fly the shiva. I can get you a contact for Avia if you want it. (This is just my opinion, so please try other kites and take other suggestions before choosing a kite.)

Andrew Cimburek

I love the Shiva myself... Primarily the standard, and their vented is best I've flown for my style.

Hey Andrew! What happened to your other forum user name? If anyone ever has a problem getting in, it really is easier for us here at Kitelife to just have the forum send you your password or drop me a line directly so I can fix it instead of having several different ones built into the database. <_>

Ya'll know me, I'm Johnny on the spot and always happy to help. :)

Guest AndrewC.

Hey John~

Uhmmm, I was stupid and stayed off the forums for a while and completely forgot everything for my other user name. I'm sorry. I've been really busy with things lately that its been hard for me to do anything. I'm getting back into the swing of things now though and I will remember this one forever. Sorry bout the hassle, hope it wasn't to bad.

So, are we gonna see you at Ocean Shores this weekend? I hope so. Its been too long John. :)

No worries Andrew, it just a matter of keeping things tidy as we go along rather than a ton of clean up later... I'll go ahead and pull your other one. :)

I have no transpo to Ocean Shores... My next event is NWSKC in Long Beach, then I'm scheduled to attend Brookings, Berkeley, perhaps WSIKF, Whidbey Island, Louis and Clark in Seaside, AKA Nationals, and the KTAI Convention in Primm Nevada.

May have missed a couple, but those are the main ones that I recall at the moment.

No worries Andrew, it just a matter of keeping things tidy as we go along rather than a ton of clean up later... I'll go ahead and pull your other one. :)

I have no transpo to Ocean Shores... My next event is NWSKC in Long Beach, then I'm scheduled to attend Brookings, Berkeley, perhaps WSIKF, Whidbey Island, Louis and Clark in Seaside, AKA Nationals, and the KTAI Convention in Primm Nevada.

May have missed a couple, but those are the main ones that I recall at the moment.