KiteLife Forum

2010 Lincoln City Indoor Festival

5 files

1. "The Canvas" **1 hour show**

"The Canvas"

You don't see a canvas...all you see is a frame *** beauty and color...billows of stars
    You don't see a canvas...all you see is a frame...** you follow along no reason or
    rhyme *** nothing but sorrow...nothing but shame *** You don't see a canvas...all you
    see is a frame ** let your mind drift into the abysss *** discovery more lovely than
    heaven awaits
    This one hour show is the latest creation of world famous artists Lee and Debbie Park of
    Aerial Experience Productions, utilizing a mix of kite performers, aerial dance, theater,
    artistic gymnastics to present one of the most unique and beautiful indoor kite shows
    you'll have the pleasure of seeing anywhere.

Act 1

"Miss La La at the Cirque Fernando" Edgar Degas
    "Campbell's Soup Cans" Andy Warhol
    "The Umbrella's" Pierre Auguste Renoir / "The Singing Butler" Jack Vettriano
    "Water Lilies" Claude Monet
    "Luncheon of the Boating Party" Pierre Auguste Renoir
    "The Poplars" Claude Monet
    "The Card Players" Paul Cezanne
    "The Dance Class" Edgar Degas / "The Floor Scrapers" Gustave Caillabotte

Act 2

"Starry Night" Vincent Van Gogh
    "Stormy Seas" Ivan Konstantinovich
    "Bell Rock"
    "Monmarte" Pisarro / "Starry Night over the Rhone" Vincent Van Gogh
    "Mona Lisa" Leonardo Davinci
    "Irises" Vincent Van Gogh

CREDITS:

Written/Directed/Choreographed by Lee & Debbie Park
    Produced by Aerial Experience Productions
    Presented by the City of Lincoln City, Oregon

FEATURED FLYERS:

Lee Park, Debbie Park, Scott Weider, Tristan Underwood, Paul de Bakker
    Penny Lingenfelter, Amy Doran, Connor Doran, Phil Burke, Wayne Turner
    Zach Colbert, Jerimy Colbert, Jeff Reed, Jerry Cannon, Lisa Willoughby
    Toby Arndt

There is no substitution for seeing it live and in person so be sure to visit Lincoln
    City for their next Indoor Kite Festival typically held in march, or for any of their
    other fine kiting events held through the year - Click here for their schedule!

46 downloads

0 comments

Updated

2. John Barresi

John Barresi performing indoors with an Indoor Rev, flying to one of his favorite tracks, including the "jump through" maneuver pioneered by Lam Hoac.

21 downloads

0 comments

Updated

3. Scott Weider

Scott Weider performing with an Indoor Rev, using a 40+ foot silver mylar tail that appears to float on air.

17 downloads

0 comments

Updated

4. 1st Place OIIU - Tristan Underwood

At just 13 years of age, Tristan is already dominating indoor competition in the Northwest USA and this particular routine is no exception... Flying an iTrix, he demonstrates skill and talent beyond his years with solid choreography and an amazing display of indoor tricks including multiple Cometes.

15 downloads

0 comments

Updated

5. Paul de Bakker

Longtime master pilot Paul de Bakker of Focus Kites dazzles us with a dual line indoor demonstration using a kite of his own design, called the Reflection.

10 downloads

0 comments

Updated

• File Reviews

• Super helpful for a newer pilot. Always start with theory.
      • I have just received my first Djinn vented including the Pro Handles. I tried to fly with too little wind with no effect.

With wind 6-15 brilliant. Messing around with leader lengths found what I considered a good starting point.

Problem_ I have small hands, my middle fingers will not grip the handle (Duy...... Syndrome.) Trying to use JB,s Hand positions becomes difficult-

If I place thumb on top of the handle my index fingers above the foam grip. I then lower my index finger my thumb is then on the back of the top tube. I can use my ring and little finger to hold the Foam. At present I am tempted to fashion a moulded thumb rest on the back face of the top tube.

With the grip I am using I am able to give brake input Sideways 0-80 so I am towards JB,s ideal

Any views on fashioning extra moulding on handles? Or any solutions to my Grip style

• I was flying my Barresi Signature Series 1.5 Rev. In the past I used to tighten the brake lines rather than lengthen the top lines.

Having watched the video, I added 13" graphite handles and added My home made top leaders ( Toal length 6" knotted 1" gaps.

Wind was 1to 3 mph. On 12'' handles with equal leaders the kite took off OK and was manouvrable.

On changing Handles to 13" and using full extension top leaders it was immediately noticeable that there was more control,

and I was able to use the handles in the More horizontal attitude rather than the upright hold. I definitely recommend that top leaders are used. I will need to practice this in future.

I suffer from some arthritis in my hands and fingers so was sceptical that balancing on the fingers would work. I was pleasantly surprised and with more practice perhaps a step up to ???

• Looked at it again after quite a while. And learned something again. :sq-smile:

• The ending slides <key concepts/points> are good