KiteLife Forum

Rev Tutorial - Line Management

(3 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Full tutorial detailing the line winding and unwinding methods developed by John Barresi and Team iQuad out on the field, over the course of over one hundred festivals worldwide since 2006.

One of the recurring issues we've heard from Rev fliers, especially newer pilots, is the frequency of twists and tangles when folks set up their kite to fly but using this method correctly, any flier can set up in 3-5 minutes without fail and roughly the same to pack up at the end of the day.

NOTE: A reliable (and free) cross-platform video player is VLC, which should work with any file format including MKV.

Subtitles:

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

John Dvoracek

This is a clear, concise tutorial which will really help you manage your quad lines, especially if you pay attention to all the points emphasized. Ten years ago I started flying quad kites, and my only instructor was these JB tutorials. I haven't always flown a lot, but for quite a while what I learned from this video served me well managing my lines from setup to breakdown. Somewhere I lost my way and began to experience excessive line tangles and twists. I just watched the tutorial again and read through https://kitelife.com/forum/topic/7662-line-management-suggestion/ whereupon I just realized my error. When you watch this tutorial, pay attention to the part near the end when you should bring the wound lines DOWN TO THE HANDLES without disturbing or turning the handles. I was lifting the handles by the wound lines and taking them to the SUV trunk to disconnect the lines. It makes a difference!

• Thanks 1
Link to review