KiteLife Forum

KAP - Kite Aerial Photography

Want to know about taking aerial photographs or video, or want to share some experiences? Do it here!

76 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
  1. Vivitar Lifecam

• 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. Assistance Needed

• 13 replies
    • 2.5k views
    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 0 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1.8k views
  3. Never Say Never

• 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 8 replies
    • 2.6k views
    • 0 replies
  4. Kap'n Halloween !

• 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. .....continued

• 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. KAP'n In October...

• 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. Kap suprise

• 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. KAP'n West Meadow Beach...

• 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  • Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Hello @cstubbs05, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
    • May the Chair Force be with you.  
    • I am a little late to this but thought of this thread while I was out today. Quite some time ago I started playing with just skimming (more like sliding) the kite along the top of the grass from a rest, as far as I could one way, then reversed to the other.  All the while still on the ground, inverted. The movements I noted are mostly small pulls, a la dual line method. But after a bit could lift the tip of the kite with tiny wrist movements and that helped smooth it all out and release the kite if it got stuck in a tuft of grass. Fairly windy today around here, but even so found walking backwards slightly helped a bit at times. May only work on grass, or at least that's all I've tried it on.  Forgiving and not too abrasive 😉 I do this from time to time on my quad sessions. Looks impressive if I do say so. After some reps, move it up a bit, maybe dragging the rearmost end on each pass. (later: over water!). But the move may be a useful practice step.     Trying to picture this reference to 180 degrees but may be missing something. Do you mean 360 degrees? 180 would put it leading edge up to my way of thinking. (If it matters).   My side slides in general need work but I am just as good in either direction. The practice is much of the fun 😉   .
    • Love the name. I am way too active on my feet to make that work but maybe I will try it some day. (The movement is a good part of the fun for me. Plus I gotta get in my 10,000 steps/day my doc says, so...) 😉
    • Nice kite, I do like the one I have. Very well made as usual by Level One of Germany. Mine flies steady and solid, yet relatively nimble and light on the lines. Nice axels, too, I was reminded the other day. (Sometimes I surprise myself. 😉) .