KiteLife Forum

The Web Site (nuts and bolts)

This section of the forum is dedicated to ongoing discussion, news, technical insights and education regarding various parts of the Kitelife site and their functionality or effectiveness.

218 topics in this forum

• 18 replies
    • 1.9k views
    • 11 replies
    • 3.7k views
  1. Member tagging

• 16 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 2 replies
    • 3.8k views
    • 6 replies
  2. Kite Lines Archives

• 0 replies
    • 4.2k views
  3. The SKQ Archives

• 6 replies
    • 9.4k views
  4. This is Different

• 7 replies
    • 6 replies
  5. frostline kite kit

• 0 replies
  6. 8000

• 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 5.5k views
  7. Chat

• 3 replies
    • 5 replies
  8. Certificates expired.

• 2 replies
  9. Can't post text??

• 12 replies
  10. Cart checkout form

• 1 reply
    • 18 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. Issues uploading images

• 1 reply
    • 26 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 9 replies
  • Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Hello @savcolletti, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
    • I can not figure out how to adjust the timing of the bobbin and the hook CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME nobody on the internet has a 1300 it’s hard to find any help.
    • Dark panels cut, but the rest will need to wait for another day.  https://photos.app.goo.gl/EzzLyD3h742L6M2m6 I guess in my wish list I should include unlimited free time, and no need to be up before the sun. Anyone willing to give up a few million bucks so I can retire tomorrow? 😂 I think a lot of us would wish for that. 
    • Ouch. True, but painful.  Thankfully this isn't for competition. If I was comfortable with the cost I'd rather modify a professionally made kite. It's just a side project grown bigger and bigger.  Sadly I can dream far better than I can create.  In my dreams it's all laser cut, perfectly stitched by professionals on high end equipment, with better lighting pieces than I could ever create, and is the luxury model of everything.  In practice, I'm just hoping it mostly flies okay, isn't too lopsided, and is something I am not embarrassed to show off. 
    • @frob  As stated, I use both sides of the fabric and have very little waste. I let my patterns work themselves out as you already know. I've played with the grain and created kites where specific diamonds flash in the sun at a different point than the rest of the sail.  I'd rather have 3 great sails than one perfect one and a bin of waste. Especially at the end of 120' lines, the 3 Stack looks better.  I've even started taking the trim from my mesh kites and making tails I hate waste so much.. Since I know this kite is for you and a specific purpose, I'll just say, given when you'll be flying it, I'm not sure most people will notice which panel is in front or back. Make it what you want it to be..