Open Topic

Personal announcements, general kite stuff or what have you, if it doesn't easily fit into one of the main discussion topics or kite classifications, this is the place for you.

387 topics in this forum

• 4 replies
  1. Create Custom T-Shirts
    • 17 replies
    • 61 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 1 reply
  • Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• JB, I certainly hope that what I am attempting to point out isn't seen as vitriol?   And my reference to my subscription was merely in reference to money allowing criticism to be expressed. I would also like to think that there is some integrity in restricting slamming of any business related to the kiting community.   My whole point in posting wasn't to antagonise, rather it was simply done to highlight that negativity and he said, she said mentality only serves to create division.   Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app  
    • If we're getting into belittling any manufacturers because of the compromises to their product that they have to make to stay in business, then I unequivocally state that they all suck, compared to my home-made. Exactly the quality, performance, design, durability and customer service that I demand. So, if you want something you're not getting from someone else, DO IT YOURSELF, but please don't belittle the kite because you don't like the people who make it. IMHO it is still the standard against which ALL others are judged, and will remain so for quite some time. What others -- all others -- produce is based on flight principles of quad kites first invented and refined by the Hadzickis, and that is a part of history that will not change, no matter what anyone's opinion states. I have a bunch. I will fly them 'til they fall apart. I will buy more. Will I buy and try others? Of course I will. Who wouldn't? Will they fly like a Rev? Maybe, to an extent. Do I want them to be exactly like a Rev? No, that's why I buy and fly Revs, because they fly like a Rev. Should Rev change their line-up? Absolutely!  I don't know . . . . . . . . . .  It's gonna be an interesting road.
    • As usual my passions get the better of me and brother JB swoops in and helps me recognize I need to reign it in. Thanks, JB.  Here's the deal,@SoggyWombat, for years, I proudly flew Revs and recommended them to anyone that asked and taught folks how to fly them, putting my own equipment that I paid for at risk of damage with no thought of compensation if something were to happen. Went did I do this? Because they are fun as hell to fly and I wanted to share that with anyone who showed interest.  It was worth it, because I thought Rev was worth it and that the feeling was mutual. Then all of a sudden by some of their actions, it became abundantly clear to me and many other fliers that their only care was the dollars they could take in, not the fliers on the fields teaching the general public the awesomeness of this 4-lined thrill to fly, the retailers who were their lifeline for years getting their product in the hands of fliers, not the teams who spent hours practicing to perfect routines and show the world how great these kites are, and especially not the beginner flier spending multiple hundred of dollars on an entry level kite with the incorrect "Club whatever" guidance to get them going. We finally saw that the emperor had no clothes and it was funny to us. So we mock, and will continue to mock as long as there's ammunition for mockery (like calling a kite that is an identical copy of the B Series a 1.5 Classic and pretending that it's a whole new kite like no one will notice) coming out of Poway. 
    • Is it possible that the stand-offs are just a smidge too long? Compare the amount of bow in the main spreader with stand-offs in and out. There should be more with than without, but not radically so. The length of the spreader will also affect the amount of bow in it. Make sure the upper spreader is, and stays, fully and firmly seated during flight, and also the lower spreader. The spreaders should be "difficult" to insert and remove. If any of the joints anywhere on the kite move, flex or rotate excessively during flight they will warp and weaken the entire structure. I had an E3 for a couple of seasons, and a couple of other Prisms and never had issues with the center T's. Of course, I probably didn't spank them as hard as you guys do, but I did tons of recoveries with no ill effects. The amount of T's you're going through makes me believe there's something amiss with the geometry of the frame and/or sail. Check for fit and symmetry. Check both leading edge tubes for longitudinal cracks.
    • I do think there is an important line between vitriol and honest cumulative frustration from a passionate hard core flier community. Subscriptions are elective and not a requirement to participate in 90% of this website, including this discussion - I'd rather we not try to make such a leap.