Open Topic

Personal announcements, general kite stuff or what have you, if it doesn't easily fit into one of the main discussion topics or kite classifications, this is the place for you.

376 topics in this forum

• 4 replies
  1. Create Custom T-Shirts
    • 17 replies
    • 61 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 26 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 16 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
  • Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• I see what you mean. The only difference I could see was that the stalls could sink rapidly (at least relative to the size of the kite). Is it possible to hold a stall with this?  I must confess that a small bit of me buys full size kites out of the feeling that I get "more" but that does not always correspond to how much fun I have with a certain kite. On the other hand full size is full size... I don't know. Fun to see this little kite (Eolo sport 37?) in action (and that it was not a Micron or 4D that was small for a change).
    • Thunder and lightning are nothing to play with - best to call it a day if that is in the sky!  Weight when wet? Really depends on winds more than anything. If you were struggling to fly before the rain, then certainly a heavier sail will be really hard to fly. May have to use a different sail (going from vented to standard). Just be aware of this though - a wet sail may stretch more than a dry sail. Will it return to original shape? - depends on the fabric used. Sprinkles usually aren't too difficult, it's the full on rain that gets tiring. YMMV  
    • around 2-3 miles more need for a wet wing 
    • Rain, rain go away but leave the breeze for today... So it wasn't the rain that sent me to roll up my lines today, it was the massive roll of thunder that announced the predicted change from grey and gusty to thunderstorms that was the nudge I needed.  However, before I gave in I found myself contemplating "if the sail gets wet, it must get heavier.  I wonder how much the wind range is impacted by the sail being wet?"  Anyone got advice on how many more mph of windspeed is needed to keep a sail up when it goes from dry to wet?  Just curious, the wind I get is frequently light enough that I am struggling to stay aloft - making skill building hard.  Wondering if staying out in the (non-thunderstorm) showers is worth trying out or if borderline wind + wet wieght= no flight for me. Also, is there a secret "bring on the wind but not the rain/thunder" ritual or dance that I can learn?  Don't get me wrong, I ain't complaining - I got a full 10 minutes with my full vent sail the other day before switching back to the standard.  Not bad for an inland field round here.
    • Hello joefaust, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member
      Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat
      Member Map
      KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!