Open Topic

Personal announcements, general kite stuff or what have you, if it doesn't easily fit into one of the main discussion topics or kite classifications, this is the place for you.

418 topics in this forum

• 63 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 20 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 2 replies
  1. Kite shop for sale!

• 6 replies
    • 5 replies
  2. Kite Gifts

• 2 replies
  3. Uk flyers

• 18 replies
    • 11 replies
  4. Kite friends

• 1 reply
  5. Creating club

• 17 replies
    • 13 replies
  6. Merry Christmas

• 1 reply
  7. Best Wishes

• 14 replies
  8. Kite Forge

• 30 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 21 replies
    • 3 replies
  9. Adjustable wrist straps

• 7 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
  • Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• I do realise that without knowing the exact make and shape and size of the kite lifter and laundry this is going to be difficult for many to answer.   I want to talk rigging, I have been through the search section and back catalogue of posts and I cant find what I am looking for.     Starting from the lifter at the top of the line and down to a perfect anchor point is going to be one single line. At the moment I use small snap hooks to clip on a single flat flag with the bottom of the flag fitted with a small adjustable line and a second snap hook. nothing special just a beginners starter. I was watching someone rig up their line laundry last week and he had a completly different set up. ok he was fitting larger inflatables but that guy had a main line from anchor to the lifter then he added a snap hook with the line laundry inflatable on it, but that then had its own main line running down to the anchour point and the second inflatable he clipped on also had its own main line running to ground as well. is it normal to have a main line for each item of inflatable line laundry? I can understand it with larger items but these were six foot ducks
    • as a novice i only have shop broug, Delta and sled's and a couple of bow wings all less that four foot on each side say 10 square feet.   I have brought my first parafoil as my lifter kite, thats 6 foot by 5 foot, that came with its own 150# line but I have now a 300# line on it, on a spring scale it pulls to 50kg / 100lb so i increased the line to it thinking the line laundry adds to the equasion too. The laundry i have started with is 5x3 foot flags, four flags so far and i have brought a six foot inflatable yellow duck, all pretty low level stuff, i am going to post a question on  kite lines and laundry rigging after i have gone through the back catalogue of posts to see if its not already been posted.   as for line material choice I have Dyneema as its a soft and stretchy line, which i was told is best for single lines, prestretched and kevlar i was told to avoid only because of the fact it has zero stretch ( and its expensive)
    • "The Kevlar line won't stretch as much as the hemp. I wouldn't fly a kite on hemp line. I would not use Kevlar as a kite line when flying around other people, as it has a tendency to be proficient at cutting through other kite line materials" i read and...is just a statement about "I" not a definitively NO. is also about cutting other lines nothing about people witch i think are just a little bit more important then a kite but hey i make mistakes to 
    • Wow Tekken, Yes Great Guy Lam Is, I spoke with Him and He Is wonderful  to talk too, So much information it’s hard to take it all in.  I’m definitely Buying One Of His Kites, Not exactly Sure Of the one yet , Tekken, transformers, or Skymaster,  exactly that’s why there’s chocolate and vanilla, different strokes for different folks, makes the world go around.