KiteLife Forum

Open Topic

Personal announcements, general kite stuff or what have you, if it doesn't easily fit into one of the main discussion topics or kite classifications, this is the place for you.

438 topics in this forum

• 4 replies
    • 5 replies
  1. Kite shop for sale!

• 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 71 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 11 replies
  2. "I Fly Kites!"

• 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 0 replies
  3. "Up Your Wind"

• 7 replies
    • 0 replies
  4. [emoji107]

• 9 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
  5. 2004 WSKIF Coverage

• 20 replies
  6. 2005 Convention

• 5 replies
    • 7 replies
  7. 2011 in review!

• 8 replies
    • 1 reply
  8. 3 meters quad foil

• 4 replies
    • 10 replies
  • Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• The Sync Bridle is tailored to the Djinn specifically and I wouldn’t vouch for transfer to another kite - there is just too much going on - even changing the length of one bridle leg by half an inch changes performance and sail pressure, the impact of different vertical spar location and kite proportions on the center portion of the bridle would be massive. To this end, the complete Sync Bridle isn’t available for purchase except on a Djinn, though the bridle components that wear out are available - as mentioned above, both the French and 1.5 style bridles transfer pretty well from kite to kite.
    • The one sold on Kitelife is a standard style bridle (7 attachment points) for 1.5 sized Revs and similar (aka Hadzicki wings). The Djinn bridles are sold only at Kiteforge and are designed and engineered by @John Barresifor the Djinn. The Djinn (sync) bridles also have additional attachment points  and require modifying the kite slightly if you are going to attempt to put them on a non-Djinn Hadzikci wing. The Djinn (Sync) bridle has two additional attachment points along the leading edge which would require you to place a hole (and hopefully appropriate reinforcments) at those two points to be installed properly. As a self proclaimed newbie, I would not recommend this route unless you are comfortable with making these modifications.. The Third bridle option not mentioned here so far is the French bridle and that family of derivatives. For those, I'd recommend you contact Eliot at Flying Smiles Kites. The advantage here is better connection to the kite with no modification to the kite required. There are many who swear by the French bridle. I'm sure @Paul LaMasters will lend his wisdoms on this item. Personal recommendation, if your kite has a bridle already on it, you should be fine. If it's worn frayed or stretched and you need to replace it go with a standard bridle from KiteLife or a French Bridle from Flying Smiles.
    • Oh, I won't be giving up anytime soon.  I just need some wind so that I can get out and torture, I mean have some fun!!  I will take a look at the Djinn bridle.  I'm curious if the one they sell here on KiteLife is the same as the one you are referring to. Thanks for the heads up!!
    • How cool to have an area to fly in your back yard and you are right, I need to head out to Antelope Island and fly there.  It is a bit of a drive, but might be worth it!! So I ordered a Wolf NG today and submitted my request to Santa Claus for a red STD TICA.  You should have seen the look in Santa Claus's eyes when she saw the price😲  Oh well, it's worth a try!! Now if I could just get some wind a blowin.
    • View Advert Rev rx and rx spider with extra rods Kites are still nice and crisp extra rods for both there is a pin hole in the rx have a dime size piece of sail tape for repair  . Advertiser Kevin Skuta Date 10/15/2019 Price $600.00 Category Kites (Quad Line) Brand Revolution Model RX and RX Spider