KiteLife Forum

Open Topic

Personal announcements, general kite stuff or what have you, if it doesn't easily fit into one of the main discussion topics or kite classifications, this is the place for you.

452 topics in this forum

1. Merry Christmas

• 9 replies
  2. Deserted island... 1 2

• 32 replies
    • 1.8k views
  3. 3 meters quad foil

• 4 replies
  4. How much to resell Rev for?

• 17 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

• 0 replies
  6. I got a new toy

• 6 replies
  7. Banana Quad Pilot

• 0 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. Creating club

• 17 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 1 reply
    • 17 replies
    • 3.4k views
    • 1 reply
  9. Rev

• 11 replies
  10. Think !!!!!

• 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
  11. [emoji107]

• 9 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Pass it on

• 0 replies
  13. Lines

• 1 reply
  14. ppc skydiving

• 4 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. Wind!

• 1 reply
  16. Micron

• 2 replies
    • 4 replies
  • Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Thanks to Bill, for letting me lose on personal kit, and lending me some longer handles. Thanks to the rest of the guys at Dunstable today. Confirmed my suspicions the Rev copy I bought wasn't all that, thanks for the improvement tips for the kite too, lines, spar repair/replacement. Definitely nothing like anything I've flown before. I'll be back with my Frankenstein'd kite soon, Covid permitting...
    • I finally got my Djinn out to fly.  Winds were a little light and gusty and it wasn’t a flight worth an audience.  But it felt good.  Hopefully when the temperatures start to cool down to a more moderate level, I will be flying it more.  
    • Many thanks for the quick reply and advice David. Well it seemed like a great kite before I got involved and became the weakest link but your post has inspired me to give it another go. I might commandeer my girlfriends grandson tomorrow as she and his Mum plan to take him shopping. I’m sure he’d prefer to go fly a kite. I suspect I might have a similar problem with the lines when I lay them out but I’ll follow your advice when wrapping up and see if that helps the next time out. With an extra pair of hands there is a possibility we might actually get it up in the air tomorrow... Thanks & kind regards, -=Glyn=-   
    • Finally got a bit of wind suitable to fly in and one of my flying spots is available again (with social distancing)  Pretty sure I met the requirement since I was alone.  
    • I have the same kite, its a great piece of kit to fly and travel with. After securing the coloured bridle ends in the small velcro retainer on the trailing edge.  I fold the kite Leading edge over to the middle then fold the trailing edge to the first fold. I then fold the left hand edge to the middle and then fold the right hand edge to the middle. I then carry on folding each side in half toward the middle until you end up with a package which fits inside the case. There are many ways of doing the lines. I straight wind both lines on to the winder. I have used figure of 8 winding in the past. I didn't notice a great difference. The lines I have disconnected from the kite and I use a plastic tent peg to secure the wrist straps down and then unwind, I connect the kite bridle, lay the kite out on its back, walk to the handles, remove the peg, and with a short sharp pull on both lines the kite will fill and will fly away. I hope that helps.