Competition

All discussion pertaining to sport kite competition in the USA or internationally, rules, tips & techniques, organization, or anything else related.

12 topics in this forum

1. OBSKC 2017 (Venue Change)

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 21 replies
  2. WSKC 2016 / 9-17.04, Berck, France

• 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
  3. ECSKC

• 0 replies
  • Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• DEcided to go ahead and finish the bag while I wait for the answer..
    • Both my Kymera and Hydra were really tight. I had to slide the loop closer to the nock before I attached the line thru the nock. Haven’t flown the Hydra much yet but my Kymera is pretty tight and I store it in the bag with tension on the wing tips. Still flys great just saves me from fighting it every time I fly it.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
    • I tell what was really cool [emoji41] at the clinic John was calling tricks out and Paul did one after another for several minutes. A couple times Paul said no, and then did the tricks anyways. I hope they put on another duel line clinic next year so I can take my boy again. We learned a ton and continue to improve now. Breezin maybe with the Mind Trick you would have a chance but only if they were flying with kites made of trash bags and coat hangers. We would love to see you show up and one of the clinics or a festival here in the PNW Pacific Northwest.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
    • Picked up the Hydra and Kymera, that's a great price. (Thanks for pointing out the Into the Wind promotional discount in the other discussion). On my first assembly and inspection, the Kymera feels fine but the Hydra sail feels extremely tight. I couldn't lock the loop around the wingtip nock from the tension, it didn't feel safe to do more than put it through the loop and hook the loop over the nock rather than pull it through to the knot. The first side's standoffs were tight, but I needed to balance out the sail material to put the second set of standoffs in. The tension is greater than any other kite I own, even the indoors that were my former tightest kites. I can still assemble the kite, but there's not a single storage-wrinkle left in the sail. I double-checked that none of the fittings were only partially installed, everything seemed proper just very tight. Is that much sail tension normal for the Hydra? I'm concerned if setting up is enough to stretch out the sail, or if this is typical for the first few flights.
    • Center panel completed. Larger than the template due to possibility of a longer LE than normal.  This kite may end up with a 96" LE per commission owner.  The panel sewing is done.. waiting to hear back on LE length before I can continue.. At this point 96" 91" or even a 72" are all possible.. Additional trim work will have to be on hold until that decision is made. The Decision, LE, Edge binding and finishing is all that remains.