KiteLife Forum

Power Kites

Whether they're flat, dimensional or parafoil-based, this is the place to discuss any sort of power kite flying, tuning and repair techniques.

30 topics in this forum

• 7 replies
  1. 360 on a Blast 2-4 1 2 3

• 50 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
  2. Flexifoils 1 2

• 27 replies
  3. Beamer MK45M

• 8 replies
    • 6 replies
  4. C-quad 6.3

• 1 reply
  5. New Strings

• 3 replies
  6. New ride!

• 4 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 5 replies
  7. waist harness

• 23 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 22 replies
  8. A Newbie 1 2 3

• 53 replies
  9. Peter Lynn

• 8 replies
  10. New setup

• 5 replies
    • 4 replies
  11. Crossover bar

• 0 replies
  12. Handles

• 1 reply
    • 17 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
  13. INSANE lunatics

• 1 reply
  • Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• I’m on the fence with the new tica. Honestly after the Solus, I’m hesitant about any kite claims Devin makes. I flew what was supposed to be the final prototype of the Solus and pre ordered based on that flight test. What I got was worlds different and I had to do some tuning, as RobB well knows to feel like I didn’t waste $700. There’s a few people I trust that have flown the tica I’m going to talk to before I make the leap. I have flown the original tica and it is an amazing kite. Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
    • OK, this may be an off the wall question, but please bear with me. I recently purchased a new kite made by Premier.  My question really has nothing to do with the kite, but the lines included with the kite. As I flew the kite for the first time today I was having a hard time getting it to fly as I felt it should,  I just could not get it to settle down.  I should mention that I DID NOT check the lines before flying to see if they were of equal length. So here goes and please don't hurt yourselves laughing!!  With the kite in a launch position and holding the handles, are you able to see twists in a single line?  I asked because I thought I could see the line extending from my left hand was twisted.  Sounds crazy I'm thinking!!  So I twist it until I do not perceive any more twists.  As in it looks the same as the right line. Kite still does not fly as I feel it should and now it is time for me to pick up and go. I wind up my lines and find that the line I untwisted now appears to be about 1 foot longer than the other.  I unwind them and go back to my stake to make sure they are both secured the same and they are.  Double check left line and it is still much longer. So I have two questions.  Can one really see if one line contains twists and if so after removing said twists, would it really effect total length that much?  I am guessing they were just equal to begin with. The left line was NOT twisted to the point where it was trying to knot up on itself. Thanks for listening and I am really wondering if I am crazy or not!! Lon
    • Sanity is in. They make these things called parafoils . . . .  So, I was sitting in my car, flying my kite out the partly open window, when a surprised-looking squirrel came by and said, "I'm sorry, I thought you were nuts."
    • Orao, Swiss made by Andi, Elphi-Kite Design, JL Kites   In your list above, Windrider was one of the kites that most have not liked. From any reviews I've seen over the years, most say poor stitching, bridles out of balance, rods not well made = problems. With the list you have made, either you are dealing with the maker directly or with an established store. Except the Windrider ....I know it is usually cheaper, but is that savings worth little to no support?    
    • There are folks in Alaska that fly whenever the weather lets them. if you are worried about cold!  No, you don't  want to be slamming stuff into the ground at those temps, but decent flying all year round is not out of the question. We even have a New Year's Day Fly up here in Portland OR!