New Member Introductions

Please say hello if you're new to our little kite community, we're sure you'll find this to be one of the most helpful and friendly communities around - launch, spin and dive right in!

712 topics in this forum

1. Local Connections

• 0 replies
    • 1 reply
  2. Welcome ZOLTAN

• 3 replies
  3. Welcome ZOLTAN

• 0 replies
    • 114 replies
  4. Welcome Matthijs1973

• 0 replies
  5. Welcome Mies

• 0 replies
  6. Welcome EMILY

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  7. Welcome Big steve

• 0 replies
  8. Welcome Cosa

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
  • Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Piloted by @Khal I really like the sparkle of this particular sail.
    • I would suggest the Widow of the two kites. My Wolf is very difficult to fly, to the point were it looks like it is the first time I have ever flown a stunt kite, don't have a clue how a kite works, and I have no coordination. Huge oversteer. It is difficult to launch, difficult to keep airborne.  I do not know if my kite is how other Wolves are set up. Could be that my kite set up wrong or the kite could be set up to be "tricky". I could take the time to fiddle with the bridle, but I have other kites that need to be flown in my limited times I can fly.  I really like my Widow. It might not get flown every time out depending on the wind, but it most always goes with me when I get a chance to fly just in case the wind changes. It's a durable kite and can do more tricks and can track better than my abilities.  Unless you are lawn-darting your kite several times a session, I would also suggest looking at kites that are a step-up from the Widow. Into The Wind has the Kymera and Hydra kites at half price. You can also find some nice used kites too.
    • well flying on hold for a little bit today ,the dam weather man is never right I should know that by now drizzling here supposed to stop later \\\\(  I hope ) Don't mind spending smart money ,when its something I enjoy .Will put the 50 ft lines on hold, am probably going to order up leaders and might as well get the bridle as well ,with good equipment you can only blame yourself .Right now on 85 ft 90lb lines have 120 /100 skybonds on there way should be good for the bigger wind window idea ,as well as race frame (never hurts to have parts in hand)
    • I'm beginning to think about my next kite purchase and I'm considering the Wolf or Widow by Premier. The Wolf appears to be a lot of kite for the money at the moment.
    • Yup -- like Breezin said -- just fly. Time on the lines is key to developing your ability. You will make mistakes. We all did. How much risk you take depends on the depth of your pockets. If you have the funds to replace parts and kites and don't mind spending it then go for it. However, making mistakes and repeating them is not the type of muscle memory you want to build, so a bit of prudence will improve the rate at which you improve. Time spent making repairs or searching for THE PERFECT KITE (does not exist) won't teach you anything except that you should have flying.