Kite Travel

Sign in to follow this  

Tips for safe transport of kites as well as advice for dealing with any aspect of travel to and from kiting events.

Explore Questions

There are no popular questions to show right now

1. 0 votes
    1 answer
  2. Anyone on the Oregon coast?

Asked by ACrop,

0 votes
    9 answers
  3. Family friendly in Oregon?

Asked by ACrop,

0 votes
    11 answers
  4. Santiago Chile recommendations

Asked by ACrop,

0 votes
    6 answers
  5. 0 votes
    1 answer

10 questions in this forum

1. 0 votes
    13 answers
  2. Travel with a REV

0 votes
    14 answers
  3. 0 votes
    1 answer
  4. Anyone on the Oregon coast?

0 votes
    9 answers
  5. Family friendly in Oregon?

0 votes
    11 answers
  6. Santiago Chile recommendations

0 votes
    6 answers
  7. 0 votes
    1 answer
  8. 0 votes
    7 answers
  9. Taking kite on Holiday

0 votes
    4 answers
  10. Travelling with Kites...

0 votes
    10 answers
Sign in to follow this  
  • Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Lots of fliers underestimate fundamental control as mere “precision” when it’s the very thing that allows you to set up your tricks reliably, consistently, in the right places in the wind window and with the right sail pressure. 🙏🏻
    • Hello @LookuPLars, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member
      Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat
      Member Map
      KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
    • Yea the 2 is my fav.  I pull it out when the wind hits 12+ , toss on flight of the bumblebee or Bumble Boogie and have some high speed fun.
    • Don't wash the kite too often. That will put more wear on it than the dirt probably would. If you fly in or near saltwater rinse with fresh water each time. Don't use detergents until you can see that the kite is really grubby from a distance. You can use Woolite in cold water on low cycle for 10 minutes in the washer, with the frame removed, but I wouldn't unless the kite is absolutely filthy. 
    • Rinse under low pressure hose. Can be setup or brokedown. Make sure to get bridles well. Air dry. Dunk whole lineset (winder and all, no handles) in a bucket of water.  Don't scrub unless absolutely needed.