KiteLife Forum

Kite Travel

Sign in to follow this  

Tips for safe transport of kites as well as advice for dealing with any aspect of travel to and from kiting events.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Hi Everyone, My first post in this forum. I’ve been searching for a kite to buy my two 8 year old nephews for Christmas.  I have bought them each a Prism Zenith 5 but now that I’m learning more about kites I’ve realised that I should’ve bought a dual line/stunt kite instead, as they will be bored quickly with the single line kite.  Here in Australia the Prism brand seems to be the most prominent and so I’ve narrowed the choice down to the Jazz or the Nexus. Can anyone advise on which one would be more suitable for an 8 year old boy?  I have read that the Nexus is larger and so it is easier to control. However I also read that it has more pull. What does that actually mean? Should I be looking at the Jazz which is lighter and buy a tail for it so it slows it down a little? As you can read I am a novice in the kite world so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.  
    • ALMOST. 😎 Note the yellow in the green fade instead of the final grey we went with for green and purple (lacking availability of 3rd Icarex Pc-31 shade of either).
    • Hello @parasko, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
    • Great story.  I've never gotten a chance to fly Djinn with others, but I believe it based on flying them all solo. That picture is identical to my collection in colors and types.  Not sure why that's so cool... it just is.
    • True story. Wind was about 7mph, and we had all three (ST / MV / VT) flying team together with no problems. 🥰 Taken the same day: