KiteLife Forum
  • Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Hello @Dan Price, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
    • Hi, and welcome to the forum.
    • Looking for the following kites. Vented Eclipse Vented Illusion Alien   Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk    
    • Hey all this is Baileydl79, I use to run around on the Revkites forum under nobodyspecial for a minute, former east coaster now in DFW area.
    • I use a tapered 2P in my 1.5 SULs as the vertical.   Heck I even have a set for my Zen (oh man are they ever delicate, NO hard flailing allowed) The one I prefer is called a "Response" it's painted and silky smooth finished, alas long since discontinued too.  I have 'em in different strengths.  Like a set in my Shook Mesh Hybrid 75%.  It carries the 150 CLX fat spars in the LE (more curvature OVER the leading edge make a better glide, ~ like a frisbee compared to a dinner plate) The SULs get one that weighs 12 grams @ 32-1/2 inches long.  I cut down the FAT end to fit, keeping as much bottom strength as possible.  The tube is also reinforced thru the use of Magic Sticks pushing from the other side. "Response 12" Through the use of a tapered down spar you have effectively pushed more weight towards the LE, in my opinion that always helps create a better glide.  Add a little momentum and you can fly when others struggle.  something for nothing! You can go further to the outside edge of the wind window too. Keep the hard flailers away or at least warn 'em, if you've framed very light w/tapered tubes These tubes were blemished and got 'em for a like 2 bucks a piece, easily 15 years ago.  So although delicate don't think they aren't durable.  Skyshark makes a great product for a profoundly ridiculously low price. Try a set of their fat tubes (CLX-150's?) too.  The whole frame is like $36.  Insane value, I mostly only use the LE unless it's really bookin' outside. NOTE:  This tube REQUIRES Rev end caps, other knock-off brand caps will have to be swapped out. Experimenting with the "travel-frame format" allows even more personal adjustments to be found.  Plus it breaks down smaller