KiteLife Forum

Open Topic

General questions, support and other Polo Kites topics.

0 topics in this forum

There are no topics in this forum yet

Start the first topic
  • Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• @Skydog KitesWelcome!!! Great to have you join us..
    • Hello @Skydog Kites, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
    • Agreed.  In good winds you can fly a quad easily from a beach chair. Dual lines can be flown from one spot only if you are doing little more than steering.  The moment you want anything more advanced it becomes athletic with legs involved. Speed control on dual line, and slack line techniques on any kite, both require leg work. On dual line whether you are doing a two point landing or a series of acrobatic tricks, the footwork ranges from a slow dance to a rapid sprint. 
    • I’m sorry to hear that, but no this kite is an item of affection for me and is connected to a certain phase of life (and transition to another). Since this was the first ”real” kite (and at the time the main among few kites) it has taken much beating and has had much of the parts replaced with what parts that were available. In addition to the previously repaired sail damages (one was actually so large that I could crawl through the hole) there is also a more ”recent” rip (that needs to be repaired) through two panels where they connect to the dacron. It is simply the most worn kite that I got. If you want something similar (at least in appearance, I have never tested one so I can’t say anything about the properties) you could go for a Skydog Jammin’ ( http://www.skydogkites.com/stuntkites/jammin.shtml ). It should be by the same designer, Dodd Gross, as the Jam Session (was Christoph Fokken also involved in Jam Session?), but certainly of a later model. If your husbands mobility is an issue and he happens to know how to control a rev-like quad line kite, it could be an alternative to a dual line kite. Quad line kites can be flown with less footwork. Whatever you decides, good luck to the most possible extent given you situation.
    • Hello everyone my name is Kite Girl and I am a new sport kite flier. I just started to fly stunt kites as of March of this year. My husband got me going on it as he is no stranger to stunt kites and even use to own a kite store in Oroville CA some time around 1995 until around 2003 He also some time around 1997 opened a second store in the Chico Mall. Anyway ... he had gotten back into flying kites recently with this Covid-19 social distancing thing started and encouraged me to give it a try. As soon as I tried I was hooked lol. I got my first kite Hydra and absolutely in love with it. Its addicting trying out new tricks and perfecting them as well as very therapeutic flying kites. I am sure you all will know what I mean when i say there are just no words to describe what an amazing feeling it is to be out flying your kite on a perfect day.  So that is how I got started in this sport.  A little bit more about me personaly is I am a mother of 3 amazing kids. 1 girl(12) and 2 boys ages 4 and 6. I have been married to my amazing husband almost 11 years and he is the love of my life and my absolute best friend.  I look forward to being a part of this kite family and Im sure ill be on here asking many a questions as I learn new things.  - Kite Girl