• Click the STAR to be taken directly to the first unread post in a topic.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Andrewinsa

Welcome Andrewinsa

Thanks. I am in South Africa and fly mostly when on holiday when we go to the beach. I have a cheap 1,6m foil kite which my kids and I fly, I also have a little single line I bought when the kids were smaller, but they get bored with it now. I have another small 2 line foil which is a really bad design and doesn’t fly well. My pride and joy is my Radsail 3m, but I can only manage this for short periods at a time. I want to get a 2m foil, and have found 2 options available. Both are the same price, both show 2m. I can get the Radsail 2m or the Prism Synapse 200. The Radsail comes with a nice backpack, but I know that is not a reason to choose. Bridle lines look better on the Prism, but they attach with small holes through the foil vs the Radsail that has small strips stitched into the kite to hold the bridles. Your opinions are welcome please, which route should I go?
  4. John Barresi

Welcome Andrewinsa

Hello @Andrewinsa, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  5. SHBKF

Crazy Quilt

Just threw it together from scraps in a couple days, You continue to wow us. rd
  6. SHBKF

The Hive

Riff my friend we have all watched you grow into a full blast kite maker. Congratulations on this made to order custom beauty. Ralph
  7. oapbillf

Newbie Bay Area friends and Rev learning tips

Whatever length you are after whether it be 30ft or 120ft that length is your finished target but as Wayne says it does not have to be dead accurate ! I usually add 3ft to my cut lengths which is ample to allow for sleeving at both ends and a bit of trimming to finish. I made up a set of 30 and 50ft from a standard 80ft set, sleeved at the handles only, the 30ft ended up at 30ft, the 50ft ended up at 47 ft, no big deal !
  8. riffclown

Icarex

Diamonds Flights form the Wright Memorial
  9. riffclown

Icarex

First Flight of The Hive
  10. riffclown

The Hive is Complete

11. LookuPLars

How and why

Mad max Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  12. Yesterday
  13. LookuPLars

How and why

One flew over the cuckoos nest,fratt house, waterworld, evil dead, and my favorite blue lagoon. Lol wow i think im beginning to loose it Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  14. riffclown

Icarex

Pretty Happy with all the results so far..
  15. riffclown

Riffclown's Homemades

Photos of my home made kites and accessories. Many made from Gomberg Kite tails.
  16. riffclown

Crazy Quilt.

17. Wayne Dowler

Over thinking!!! A difference of inches really doesn't matter at 120'. But most will say measure to 50;' and add extra for loops and knots. In the end, it should be 50' overall.
  18. John Barresi

Welcome SurfCityVortices

Hello @SurfCityVortices, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  19. LookuPLars

Icarex

That is awesome dude really cool Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  20. Last week
  21. riffclown

Crazy Quilt.

I'll know more after flying it tomorrow at the Wright Memorial.. 🏁
  22. riffclown

Icarex

Would you believe Crazy Quilt is done!!! Ready for the Wright Memorial first Flight tomorrow..
  23. riffclown

You might be a kite nut.

I can tell you've never been around me and Snow Crab..
  24. LookuPLars

You might be a kite nut.

You can always ask the waiter for help Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  25. happysuperbutton

when measuring lines, how should I measure 50ft, line out to 50ft then sleeve down however many inches or line out to 49.xxx ft then add however many inches of sleeving to get 50ft? or line out 50ft and then some for sleeving and knotting loop? When it says "LPG 90# x 120ft" what really is the 120ft, does it mean from leader end to leader end.. I haven't had the chance to measure yet, measuring tape still en route.
  26. riffclown

You might be a kite nut.

if you don't think that's strange at all.. A Golf Ball stake will definitely crack Snow Crab..
  27. LookuPLars

You might be a kite nut.

How about being outside with your kite strung out ready to fly standing there waiting for the breeze to pick up in 112 degrees and humidity up to 39 percent with about 23 percent chance of rain Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  28. Breezin

You might be a kite nut.

That is over the TOP nutty !! Can't even imagine being that far out there. Shudder, quiver,shake 👽
  29. riffclown

Crazy Quilt.

I truly try to learn more and more with every sail. Ones like this which I'm doing for me, I can play much more widely with the variables.. I don't want all of my sails to fly the same. I want each one to have its own personality.
  1. Load more activity