• Click the STAR to be taken directly to the first unread post in a topic.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Russ Wilson

Stunt Kite Clinic (Jun 16-17, 2018)

We've been practicing our stalls and had fair success at the edge of the wind window. We can even slide roughly 10', but as we get closer to the center of the wind window forward flight takes over and we lose the stall slide. We've been doing this in 10-12 mph wind. I'm curious is this to be expected (at that wind level) or is it just my skill are still sub-Jedi? I don't mind working on my skill level, but wanted to make sure this wasn't an exercise in futility at that level of wind.
  3. John Barresi

First look!

Looking to release with a minimum of standard, mid and vented - two more tiers of venting planned as well. That being said - I flew my standard prototype today in up to 13mph with a P100 frame if you can believe that, while the Djinn’s power is still intact, the “runaway” pull and speed is muted by the bridle... Everyone else was on mids and full vents, I expect this characteristic to carry up through the vented models too so it’s quite possible that a Djinn full vent may be as manageable as an xtra vent flown in it’s wind range.
  4. John Barresi

Welcome Koobecaf Uoykcuf

👍🏻👍🏻 You already know about pigtails / leaders for your handles?
  5. riffclown

First look!

Ready for Hands on!!
  6. riffclown

Panel Assembly Time Lapse

I've been considering a table BUT I have very limited space and nowhere to store the table when not in use.. I don't typically use a template as every kite I make is different.. While the construction techniques are quite similar My diamonds are quite different from kite to kite. The original Jester kite was built using the edges you favor but with much larger panels for simplicity.. Diamonds was my change from the horizontal diamond check to the vertical.. I love the look of many (read all) of your kites and the piecework is absolutely spot on.. I have a couple of pretty wild concepts in my head for the technique as well. All of these are the same process just different angles for the piecework.
  7. John Barresi

New Kite

It’s fun to play with it all, but I usually just change the tail weight - a lot also dependable on skill and style, two pilots may not get the same results.
  8. Yesterday
  9. RobB

First look!

Is the initial release going to be a standard sail, or will there be higher wind variants ? My bag is set with 4 liners with a wind range of about 2-20+mph, I am really needing something that is comfortable in 20+mph. The excitement of something new coming out of the Forge is probably going to cause me to sign up for it either way, but I'm hoping that there's something with a lot of venting being available ! 😎
  10. RobB

Hey Russ... Glad to hear I'm not crazy. The Hypnotist (mine was called a 'Mirage' it was so long ago) was one of my first 'real' sport kites, and it stood up to tremendous abuse. I actually nose-dived it onto blacktop one time, and it withstood that without issue. I gave mine to my nephew to learn to fly about 10 years ago, but I have many fond memories of it. The Hypno is very strong with basic tricks, and will take you a long way into your journey. If you start to feel bored with it, there are some 'mods' that you can do to it to make it more capable. I think 'Alex B' on youtube documented these... He is an amazing talent from overseas who comes up with mods for the bang-for-the-buck kites like the Hypno. Check it out... ~Rob.
  11. Hi all! The report from the Nordic Kite Meeting 2018 is now available on AERIALIS Kites. Just follow this link... /Sven
  12. AERIALIS Kites

Hi all!

Yeah, it feels good to be back! 😊 ...and I surely look forward to that September weekend John! 👍 /Sven
  13. mrfaosfx

Panel Assembly Time Lapse

That is amazing time and dedication. I started on the floor, always said I would get a table. As of today, I still don't have a proper table but my current setup works. I went to Walmart and bought one of those foldable portable tables and then I put a 8x4 foot plywood board on it. You're back will thank you! Since I mostly build quads, I painted the template right on the plywood board ... this is an old picture, things have changed slightly.
  14. mrfaosfx

Hi, I'm Rafael and I make kites!

That is a Vickie ... hurricane winds sounds about right but you can fly it in a breeze if you're gentle with it!
  15. Breezin

Really nice stuff. What is the 5th kite down. Is that one those that you fly in a hurricane 🤤?
  16. mystainedskin

Hq Symphony 2.2.4

Really my first time also...tire sliding fun in 20plus . I feel like I got bit by a Viper...possibly 3 times. 🤔 ...and a friend just got a quiver of older Phantoms and a ride. I feel some buggy riding in my future more often. 😁 So much fun..
  17. Russ Wilson

@RobB Thanks for the recommendation on the Hypnotist - you were spot on. We've had a chance to buy several higher end stunt kites and for our current level of experience the Hypnotist is my go-to kite. It truly is built like a tank. The center spar's shock absorber seems like it will take almost any abuse I throw at it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
  18. makatakam

Hi, Rafael. It's good to see you take an active part here. Looking forward to seeing more of you creations posted here. Many things you can help others here with your experience.
  19. makatakam

New Kite

@John Barresi So on the Kymera you are increasing or decreasing the amount of spine weight instead or changing the position of a fixed amount of weight? What if both and/or LE weights were used in combination? Could be fun to play with the rotational capability as well as the center of gravity.
  20. jeepinjeepin

Frank Liske Park

I think I saw this location on KiteMap a while back. I was in the park yesterday for a birthday party. I didn’t realize where I was going until I got there. It’s an honest hour drive for me, so I doubt I’ll be there much, but it looks like a viable option for anybody in the area. There was one guy with some SLKs and laundry flying.
  21. LeeBB

New Kite

Hello, Thanks For The Information, I did see that weight under the Velcro on the tail. You sure design a beautiful Flying Kite. We went out yesterday and flew the snot out of her, could not have been happier with it. Thanks for the reply, Hope you get some rest, Happy Memorial Weekend. Take care.
  22. mrfaosfx

Rev LE Vertical Wear Kevlar Band-Aid

This was one of the first thing I noticed when I started building my first quads. I soon later discovered about the Kevlar inside the patches. However, the same damage still occurs, it's just that you'll eventually begin to see the Kevlar. The wrapped rods are like chainsaws and they will eat right through the dacron. Also, loose bungee cords at the LE will cause this damage as well. If everything is snug and the rubber covering is being used, you technically shouldn't see any major damage for a long time. Make sure that your bungees are stretching at the lower spokes and not at the top when you are using brakes.
  23. whtmtn

Very nice kites. I really like the variety.
  24. LookuPLars

Uneven lines

Yea i went out and then got cut short when the baseball team had decided with 6 empty fields to choose and they choose mine Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  25. Koobecaf Uoykcuf

Welcome Koobecaf Uoykcuf

Roughly 10 - 20 hours I would say. Alot of watching videos also
  26. mrfaosfx

Computer software to help kite design?

I use gMax, it's free but has a very steep learning curve.
  27. whtmtn

Uneven lines

@LookuPLars hey its t. I used to use an old fish scale i had to stretch out even new linesets. I'd usually set 'em out in the afternoon and leave them overnight. More often than not I wouldn't have to touch them again. BTW I went out this afternoon it was nice.
  1. Load more activity