• Click the STAR to be taken directly to the first unread post in a topic.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Pro Kites USA

Pro Kites USA?

Hi FreePistol, I just saw this thread and wanted to personally apologize for the delay with this order. We ran out of the specific color you ordered and had to bring more in stock. By the time the shipment arrived we had some planned warehouse changes, which further delayed the order. I sincerely apologize for this perfect storm of delays. Upon checking into the order I do see that the kite was delivered and I hope you are enjoying it! Please let me know if you have any issues and if there is anything I can help you with please let me know! Thanks Brendan Pro Kite USA
  3. Breezin

Karma - Delta Hawk - Black/Red - 8/24/18

Probably more of a 51/49 in my favor. Beings how I'm not self centered or the like but there's no one in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD that needs that kite more than me. I'm sure the rng knows and understands. The black models are a little narrower at the wing tips and nose. They're 58" and the newer rainbow is 57". So I've read.I prefer the black and red. Surely that ups it to 52/48.
  4. Breezin

Nose Landing

In one of the archived magazines(can't remember which one) at a competition in Hawaii the winds were blowing most everyone out of the sky. Fella flew nose down, landed, took off and never put the LE on the ground. Nose diving was the very first trick I learned after take off. Extremely easy to do.Learned that even before landing 🤪. Intentionally landing a duel on the nose in light winds seems so counter intuitive let alone 20 mph plus. Then the take off!!! I tried the trick again today in winds 5 and less on the Widow Maker ,Tekken SUL and Black Dog. Closest to success on the Black Dog. I can hit the landing and stay balanced 10% from the fade, unrolling or snap stall with a 1/2 turn. Coming straight down center window I think the only way to do it is just before the nose hits push with a slight flare. Do not have the nerve to try that yet. I can't take off without touching another part of the kite to the ground. The only small success is flipping the kite into a rising fade. My rising fades still need a lot of practice. None of the approaches I use are what was described in the article. Seems impossible. Yesterday in 20 to 25 mph it feels like the higher winds provide the best chance for a take off. Balanced on the nose , pull the kite forward, push, pop but I drag the wing tip.Not enough elevation.Nose landings in those winds are beyond me for now. I'm thinking after the kites nose hit the ground maybe it bounced a bit. If that's the case then I should only try on my carbon tubed kites. Psycho, Black Dog and grand kids Addiction.Problem with that theory is I think it was done on a sandy beach.Watched some quad videos of kites coming full bore to a dead stop inches off the ground but can't connect that to a duel in my mind at all. Can't find a video of it being done. Don't even know what it's called. Does any one do this. Can any one explain how it's done?
  5. jsc2501

OSK CHALLENGER

+1 on the silver fox. I have a UL. Outstanding value Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  6. chip.lennep

Ya, I was thinking the same thing the other day Sent from my SM-N950U using KiteLife mobile app
  7. Breezin

Premier Wolf or Widow for 2nd Kite

Spin that kite up and zoom close as you can to the ground in 20 mph winds. You will gain some control skills for sure. Some days when winds are 15+ I still grab my 1.4 and go bombing around for a bit. Always will. Dang it man now I'm thinking about getting a bigger foil.
  8. Yesterday
  9. thebbqguy

Premier Wolf or Widow for 2nd Kite

Well I have got a HQ Symphony 1.8 Dual Line Foil Kite coming Friday. LOL
  10. John Barresi

Welcome Pro Kites USA

Hello @Pro Kites USA, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  11. John Barresi

Welcome Mark Zinnel

Hello @Mark Zinnel, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  12. John Barresi

Welcome Ozhan

Hello @Ozhan, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  13. John Barresi

Welcome Rocketlady

Hello @Rocketlady, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  14. thebbqguy

Synapse 170

Thanks for the tips. It gave me confidence to pull the trigger.
  15. riffclown

Synapse 170

Copy that..
  16. thebbqguy

Synapse 170

I ordered the Symphony. It will be here Friday. I got the 1.8. My wife wants to fly also, so I think a little smaller might be best.
  17. riffclown

Synapse 170

Crosskites 1.8 if I'm not mistaken is actually a 1.8M size and would be much larger than the 180 and slightly larger that the Symphony 2.2 There are 2 different ways to measure these kites, until you mentioned the Crosskites, you were talking about Sport Size, once you get into Square Meters, you are truly in the power kite territory.. Here is a Symphony 2.2 (sport size) laying on top of a Crossfire 2M (Square Meters) kite.. Notice the 2M kite is much larger and much more powerful.. Mkae sure when you are looking at the numbers you are aware of which numbers you are actually using.. Power Kites, Square Meter sizing is also known by the term Traction Size and are literally tuned to provide maximum pull to propel a buggy, board or other transportation device.. Here is Chris Shultz from HQ Kites using my 4M Crossfire to scud through the sand at Jockey's Ridge..
  18. riffclown

Synapse 170

I'm a huge fan of the HQ Symphony but would highly suggest you look at the 2.2 I have a 1.8 and it pretty much stays in my bag.. I have 8 of the 2.2's that I converted and those get flown EVERY chance I get.. one reason I recommend the 2.2 over the 1.8 is the 1.8 is a bit too small to convert.
  19. thebbqguy

Synapse 170

Any thoughts about Cross Kites 1.8 m compared to the Synapse?
  20. riffclown

Icarex

Started a colorizer for my Diamonds.. Will be pretty rudimentary compared to the Djinn work from Watty. A quick sample of some of the pre-art going in place for this..
  21. Last week
  22. thebbqguy

Synapse 170

Looking at this one too: HQ Symphony Beach III 1.8 Dual Line Foil Kite
  23. thebbqguy

Synapse 170

Nice video
  24. jeepinjeepin

This may turn out to be a 50/50.
  25. John Barresi

Welcome Mr-Colorado

Hello @Mr-Colorado, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  26. riffclown

Synapse 170

You'll need quite a breeze for the 170 to pull you around.. I'd recommend the 200.. and FWIW, it can be quadlines just like this Snapshot 1.9 https://www.facebook.com/groups/313976175673860/permalink/351976768540467/
  27. TeamVee

30’ Clownfish Kite (Laundry)

Will do, I need to register over there. Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  28. thebbqguy

Synapse 170

I went to purchase a Synapse today but they only had the 140 in stock. I'll hold out for a 170 I think. Is a 170 going to pull a 200# guy around a lot or just be a steady tug?
  1. Load more activity