KiteLife Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Thanks for the welcome. Beautiful day for kiting here in the UK. I’m ready [emoji41] Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  3. Fabric has been cut and arranged. Time to start the piecing.
  4. Hello @NancieA, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  5. Hello @NancieA, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  6. Hello @tommydog, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  7. Hello @Sara, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  8. Last week
  9. Concept Drawing.. Silver, Wine, Red, Orange, Flo Orange, Yellow, Flo Yellow, & White Mesh. Started cutting the strips for this next project today. HOPING to have it ready for Waynesboro event next weekend. LE will be White, Edge Binding will be Orange. More to come this weekend.
  10. TrevP

TrevP

11. Hi all! Here is the footage of the first flight of our newest monster, a Giant Wiener Doggo Kite, designed and made by dr.agon. The kite itself (with Caly the KAP dog appliqué) is 6 m by 1,5 m ripstop nylon, and the tail is 15 m by 3,6 m taft.
  12. JonnyD

JonnyD

13. Hello @BookworQs.com, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  14. Hello @TrevP, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  15. This Vega UL is a really good deal from a respected maker
  16. Hello @Prong45, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  17. Hello @JonnyD, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  18. Level One USA has some nice offerings Living the Dream; One Nightmare at a Time.
  19. Wanted to make this before I left for the beach by end of month. Not going to happen so ive switch to making a pilot and my first applique. Hope to finish this green guy before November. Last part I was working on was head and feet from a plush pattern in CAD. It wasnt working out and I decided to just make it all from scratch. Here are some more rows sewn. Getting slower now. Down to 15 inches per minute.
  20. World Wide KAP Week - #WWKW2019 - is on, and we flew our camera in difficult, turbulent conditions with the wind way too strong for our venerable Rokkaku ... This session in Tivoli park, Ljubljana, didn't produce exceptional photos, but every KAP is a good KAP, right? Check out the full set on our KAP website! 😉
  21. i recently bought a kite at a garage sale. its a frostline kit kite from broomfield Colorado i think that it's made of nylon does anyone have any information on it and possibly the value? thank you fkillips
  22. The package from @mebeatee arrived today in good condition, items as described, and 2 days earlier than estimated. Pleasure doing business with you. Moderator, you can lock this one down.
  23. If I wanted to "land of something", .... I find easier to go passed it first and then slowly pull the kite back towards that stationary objective, with the goal of a standing-stop on top of that something. Reaching forward with the handles suddenly or stepping towards your objective kills most (or all) of the pressure on the sail, therefore it is still/quiet when you want it to be, balanced on the wing tip, say on top of a lighting fixture's pole.
  24. The inverted slide is how I envision my pass across the lake on my approach to the first fountain. I have been practicing it with some appreciable consistency. Soccer goals are taking the place of fountains. On 120' lines my depth perception is lacking and I could really use a spotter (or a good laser measure). On my first pass using the goal it appeared that, if anything, the goal was downwind of the kite. Turns out it was between me and the kite. No harm, no foul. That's why one practices before taking to the lake.
  25. Hello @Mhamilton, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  1. Load more activity