All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. wow look impressive are you taking orders ? 😁
  3. Today
  4. Very quick clip of the bridle test.
  5. riffclown

Riffclown's Homemades

Photos of my home made kites and accessories. Many made from Gomberg Kite tails.
  6. Hello @Veetyr, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  7. Bridle Test went well. This kite is ready for Wind.. I'm revising my lower range estimate down to 10.
  8. Did you get the one that was 295 or the one that was 350?
  9. Found and purchased an Inferno. They also had Orca.
  10. Interested in all. PM sent. Payment sent! Thanks
  11. Hello @andur, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  12. Hello @Leo Malkin, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  13. I'm looking for a Prism Elixir. The newer the better. I'm open to all offers! Thanks
  14. walking thru is fine, ....remember though, "we are allowed to chase spectators on the grass, just NOT the sidewalks" at the DC national mall, per the Park Service Police! So thanks, for making it so easy on us and entertaining the onlookers as you try to escape a group of dedicated quad-heads giving chase. few of us actually stake down the handles, but a stroller pulled thru a half dozen unoccupied line-sets is surely to be avoided I'm more concerned with those folks who perceive a slightly open ground area and feel they can drop their picnic basket and enjoy the day right there with the kids' strollers lined-up! Or frisbee, football, kick-ball, soccer invaders seeking an opportunity, HA not on first Sunday!!! We can't show the uniformed officers a hard boundary we have imposed, that prompts a request for documentation on a permit. No stakes in the ground or tying-off on trees, signage or heaven forbid an actual monument marker either! Gotta land all the kites and wait for the all clear sign when presidential helicopters are departing or arriving. I love flying for a crowd, so all the other associated crap is secondary in my book. Onlookers means some of pass by too close, but some of 'em can help but to stop and chat on their way.
  15. cot51stState

Cot51stState

My kite album
  16. Yesterday
  17. SparkieRob

Banners

I got a feather banner made for when I'm on the field. Also works great when we are at the beach so the kids know where home base is set up. Made by some good folks here in Oz. I sometimes just set it up in the back yard and just watch it flap in the breeze. Sent from my SM-G950F using KiteLife mobile app
  18. Summer has definitely arrived. Sunday morning got hot quick. Have to remember the water bottles from now on.
  19. Hi I have multiple kites Im looking to find a new home. They Are: Benson Gemini $75 Level one extreme $40 Prism 3d $30 Prism Elixer $60 Hq breeze ul $50 I am working with Tim Benson to get the parts for Gemini. I will sent out once I get the lower wing bar and end cap. The rest of the kites are in great shape
  20. I threw a Black Race frame in it for a pic. I just need to tie a bridle and this is ready for testings. I tossed it a few times and it has a pretty good glide for a very vented sail.
  21. Many thanks. I’ve only looked into the “local” and well known US shops.
  22. Looks like summer has arrived in Eastern North Carolina. Temps were in the low 90s and the winds were light and variable. Took a leading edge end cap failure to finally make me pack it in. I guess a trip to my local kite shop is in my future. It's only a 150 mile round trip, but who doesn't like a trip to the beach! But to summarize: Revolution I kite, original (probably heavy) frame, handles modified with TK Pro Leaders, all four lines of equal length. Even using the outermost knot on the leaders, my fear was that I was going to be too short on the top lines . Turns out I had to attach the top lines to the innermost leader knot in order to get any forward drive from the kite. Thankfully my package from JB arrived today so I can start playing around with a quad that was produced this millenia. It should have a light enough frame to help me out in these fickle inland winds.
  23. It is hard to tell from photos,videos until a kite is in the air on the end of your lines for sure .My 1st Nighthawk had the warm color. Didn't care for it much until I put it in the air. One of the prettiest kites I've flown IMO.
  1. Load more activity