KiteLife Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I got back into flying in summer 2018 after a couple years off and I was surprised to find I couldn't just order the 1.5B anymore. I scoured online stores and was able to find a full sail and a full vent, but no luck on the mid. Would love to win this one! By the way, the video is by the only other quad flyer I've ever personally met! I feel like that somehow gives me a leg up in this drawing. Also, I clearly need to meet more flyers... ANYONE out there in the Phoenix area??
  3. I'm in! Oh wait, that's not how this one works 🤔. I'm still glad to know I'm automatically entered in these drawings. For me just the anticipation of winning has been worth the yearly subscription. Last month was my first drawing... I'll try to be more patient this time around 😂
  4. We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers... For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way. B-Series MID, roughly a $350 value and no longer manufactured by Revolution as of 2017... This is one of just three factory B-Series packages left in my personal collection. This package includes a MID VENT sail, 2 and 3 wrap frames, adjustable handles, DVD and kite sleeve! NOTE: Primary color of the kite in this drawing is LIME, WHITE and BLACK on a MID-VENT SAIL... Same colors as shown in the video above. This is regular (factory) model, it is not a Pro by Bazzer, but will still provide excellent flying for whoever wins this. You can sign up here. Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/392, and will be drawn on Sep 1st, 2019! Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin!
  5. View Advert Sport Kite Zipper Pulls & Kechains Here are some sport kite style accessories I designed for my own kite bags/jacket etc. that can be used as zipper pulls, keychains or even earrings. I made just a few extra to share/sell, but will consider making more if there's enough interest. They're red-orange plastic on one side and white on the other which can easily be painted or written on. There are three sizes: 30, 50 & 60mm wingspan. Each one will come with 50mm long 80lb Dacron line (I use it for link lines & bridles) and I can do longer lengths if needed. Please contact me directly if interested. Happy Soaring, -8th Advertiser 8thelephant Date 07/18/2019 Price Category Accessories Brand Model  
  6. Yesterday
  7. Time Left: 6 days and 27 minutes

• FOR SALE
    • NEW

Here are some sport kite style accessories I designed for my own kite bags/jacket etc. that can be used as zipper pulls, keychains or even earrings. I made just a few extra to share/sell, but will consider making more if there's enough interest. They're red-orange plastic on one side and white on the other which can easily be painted or written on. There are three sizes: 30, 50 & 60mm wingspan. Each one will come with 50mm long 80lb Dacron line (I use it for link lines & bridles) and I can do longer lengths if needed. Please contact me directly if interested. Happy Soaring, -8th

NO VALUE SPECIFIED

, California - US

8. Yeah, I probably won't worry about the trailing edges too much. The tear right in the middle against the spar and the end where the spar is partially wearing through the velcro closure makes sense to repair. To be honest I'm kind of surprised to even be in this boat. As a kid I lost every kite I ever had and I didn't expect anything to be much different now. It turns out having a reel that winds in 3ft at a time makes all the difference in the world.
  9. Hello @ranja123, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  10. Hello @ranja123, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  11. Hello @shaktar, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  12. Hello @shaktar, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  13. I’m in Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  14. I've made and flown others' efforts as well,..... kites made entirely as "no-sew projects" with 9640 VHB bonding tape by 3M. You tape and heat seal the bond (or weight it down overnight) with a crafting iron. The adhesive is made to adhere two pieces of metal together, or holding the windows in for a high rise office tower. The fabric will fail before that bond! Super light weight quads were developed back in 1999 by KiteSquid/Harold Ames as a cooperative project, to fly in no wind but to still incorporate the SLE tubes. He made stacks of baby Ryvs too (42 inch leading edge?avia spine single pieced). All this time and they still work perfectly. When failure happens, it will be that trailing edge though, ('cause just about everything else was reinforced for brutal throw and catch poundings) Again the vibration rate is different at that doubled-up fold over edge, seamed in tape. It comes in a 1/4 inch width, so patches will need multiple stripes laid down next to each other, where to place kevlar buttons or chevrons? Only a folded-over leading edge sleeve. You could make a patch of fabric (adhered with 9460) and reinforce the entire Trailing edge, but if I were doing it, it would a scalloped edge with deep curves of several inches coming to a point far away from that edge and then repeating along the line, big U shaped abutting, thereby spreading the stress crack vibration over a larger surface area and lessening the impact. Time is the great equalizer, this too shall fail eventually. It's the point at which it is time to consider a new acquisition, after the trailing edge has been surgically repaired several times that is!
  15. Link doesn't seem to work. Might need to make it viewable to the public. I flew with a friend on the beachs on the S.E. side of Wickiup reservoir on Sat. South of the dam. Had great wind, several kite boarders were out. One guy said it wasn't enough wind? At the same time I almost switched to my full vent. I think he was afriad to put it in the power zone.
  16. i know this is a two yeatr old topic but....did you sel your Flexifoil kites? jonathans@wndstream.net
  17. Last week
  18. Second flight, this time with proper wind and space. https://www.facebook.com/nicole.hays.1610/videos/2553850881301204/?t=12
  19. Thanks for the replies. Thanks Paul, that was the kind of specifics I was looking for. I was afraid of that. I'm looking at some cheap handheld sewing machines that might come in handy.
  20. Tape on the trailing edge is a bandaid and you need a surgeon, tape will vibrate at a slightly different rate, the fabric " next to " the tape will stress crack, fail and separate itself taping the taped area will buy you so more time, but eventually all must be removed and panels replaced the trailing edge is the first thing worn out on my quads too!
  21. Hello @duanev, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  22. Hello @Norvin Stanley, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  23. I ordered one. It will be delivered on Thursday.
  24. The ITW Hata is ready to fly, with a basic line of (something like) 300 feet of 20# or so on mine. I was flying it today, and it is a steady, easy to fly single liner with the velcro'd tail attached, and quite a bit less stable sans tail, as a fighter should be. It is easy to fly from the hand with the tail as one might expect, but a second person would be useful for a launch in fighter mode at least in the early stages. I used the netting of a soccer goal as my assistant, but have also used a sideline bench, my kite bag or even a hole in the ground for the spine tip such as today (the field had been aerated recently). I used some 9# cotton line from India that worked pretty well, and is lighter than the line that comes with. The standard line should be fun enough for a while if one wanted to keep the order simple. Quite a hoot, really, and the $20 price tag is great value for money in fun. . .
  1. Load more activity