KiteLife Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello @Kevin Skuta, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  3. Hello @GlideHer, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  4. Hello @Izzy, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  5. Hello @ke1337, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  6. Today
  7. Breezin

TICA 2020

Well thank ya. Bit of a narcissist here so flattery will get you all of the little I know LOL.You know what they say. If ya can't be or say anything intelligent at least try to be entertaining.I'm 35 miles east of Colorado Springs CO on the high plains. Got a 150 x 200 yard flying field in my backyard so I get to fly a lot. Into The Wind kite shop in Boulder says on their website we have the worst winds anywhere. I don't know about that cause I've never flown anywhere else. Has to be a humorous exaggeration cause I usually have a pretty good time.The west winds off the lake should give you some winds a lot of us inland fliers only dream about. When I replaced the Nighthawk and Addiction Nighthawk was first. IMO get the Wolf or something similar. You Tube the kites and you can see why. Jorge Gouverneur gives the Wolf and Nighthawk a good go.
  8. "own your hover" Work on an inch above the ground and inverted too. Practice landing on a trash can and eventually work you way down to a can of pop-sized objective. Ideally?, you are one of us when you can land that quad into my outstretched hand! Insure you equipment is properly tuned, even and neutral. The handles should balance (with neither forward or reverse flight happening) on one finger of each hand. Find your own balance point to insure your personal comfort. "don't squeeze that angry cobra, instead you're holding a baby chick in your grasp" kids are more fun than adults to teach lessons to, letting go of the handles on a Zen with a 5 year old now in control alone? Priceless!
  9. Four days to go and here is the list for RNG: 1. @DTill The kite is already boxed and will ship as soon as I have the address of the lucky winner. My local Post Office closes at noon on Saturdays, so I will conduct the drawing by 10 AM local time in the hope of getting the kite shipped the same day. Good luck to the entrants 😁.
  10. After many years with my faithful Prism Snapshot 1.8, I've noticed a fair amount of sand in the sewn channel in the trailing edge. Are there any special techniques to remove said sand?
  11. Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an inexpensive upgrade. I am brand new to quads and I will admit, I am having a hard time getting it off the ground. I have watched John B's tutorial several times, but I'm doing something wrong. Seems it should be a little easier. Thanks again.
  12. Yesterday
  13. Breezin

Breezin

14. Lon

TICA 2020

Your funny and I enjoy reading your posts!! And I mean that respectfully!! Right now I am just sitting here wishing that the wind would pick up a bit so I could get out and try flying. Perhaps in another hour or so. I have not even pulled the Widow NG out of it's bag yet as I have been playing with the hydra, but suppose I should just to see what it is like. If I were to get a Wolf NG, it would be from Jon T at kites and fun things since they seem to have the best price on the kite. But then you mention the addiction, so I will give it a bit of thought since I will only get one right now and I leaning towards the Wolf. Perhaps I can drop a hint to the wife regarding a TICA for Christmas. And I know what you are saying, if she knew how many I have recently purchased, I could possibly be sleeping with them😉 I don't really have that many, but several new ones in the last month or two. What part of the country do you fly in? I sure hope someone will scratch that itch!!
  15. Huskies

Huskies

16. Breezin

TICA 2020

Well I'm on a blather this morning. Late spring Devon announced the Tica. Been extremely interested since. Nator has gotten me really interested in big kites and for a trick kite 102" seems pretty big. Had a12' and 19' single liners but I got back issues and couldn't safely handle them myself. I've been wanting a Benson Superfly for along time to replace my Hydra. Think it would be more durable for the way I fly and very similar. Been really wishy washy on it cause I still gotta Hydra. Beat to hell but far from destroyed with some TLC. It's on the ragged edge of destruction though. Really like the kite so for money spent it's making more and more sense to get another.Restore the one I have for grandkids and newbies. Beef up the new one for me .Wife is not very sympathetic to this kite addiction thing so treading carefully is a must. She's got a point cause I've acquired a few and saying I NEED another is kinda pathetic.Biggest kite I have is a Condor from the 90's. Not a trick in it but dang good at precision. Doesn't fly much because tricking is my thing.Had a Hawaiian Team but I can handle the Condor a lot better. I'd really like to get a Level One Badass and 0ne Eleven but can't justify a spot in the bag. Looking at the differences in the keel and wingtips of the Hydra, Jinx(Esingers photo) and Tica I get a sense the center mass of the Tica would make it more predictable/stable. In 15 mph the narrow wing tips make me think dumping the wind would be pretty easy. That'd make tricks fairly fast so very doable in moderate winds. My guess is above 12 mph quite a bit easier then the one eleven. Thinking it'd be very different than my other standards and one I really want to justify having. The red just looks freaking cool.By the way since you're talking to Jon T get a Addiction. Tricky, tough and FUN, FUN,FUN. Trust me I'll keep bringing it up. Kite is just a absolute blast to fly. If you're not into fast, twitchy, adrenalin fueled flying nevermind. You should be though. OOPS that's a bit snobby but hey what the hey we all got differing opinions around here.At the start I learned the most on a Addiction. Kite still makes me laugh till my eyes water at times.Sold my first one to get the WMP. Got a Psycho to replace it. It didn't but the Psycho in 20 to 25 mph is just stunning at what it can do. Quicker tricks but has a slower straight line speed than the Addiction.Very similar wingtips to the Tica.C'mon, c'mon some of you folks get a Tica and let us know all about it. Got a AWFUL itch. I KNOW Rob B and Esinger NEED another kite LOL.
  17. Hello @Huskies, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  18. Watch some Dodd Gross videos. Get the kite on it's back and let it float to the ground thinking about different inputs.Took me along time to see the lines. The patience my ass I'm gonna trick is a blast BUT I'd be further along if I'd learn to see the lines first. Have fewer broken parts too.Wouldn't have been near as much fun though. Hydra does flip tricks really well. Keep doing turtles and you will be surprised how fast the kite will roll up. If you panic in a roll up just let the kite go to ground. When first researching kites I had a Wolf NG in the cart and got a PM on a great deal for a Widow NG. Got the Widow instead. Within the month I got a Nighthawk which is the kite the Wolf evolved from. If I lost my Nighthawk I'd have a Wolf asap. 3/4 kites get a rep as twitchy but IMO adjust inputs.Love the 3/4 kites and have 4 that are quite different from each other. Never flown a Quantum but from what I've read it's nothing like the Nighthawk/Wolf. The Nighthawk complements my Hydra and WidowMaker Pro really well. Flies more similar to the Widow but tricks more like the Hydra. In my not so humble opinion if one is more into the tricking side of things a Wolf/Nighthawk in the bag is a must have. Well for me anyways.My Nighthawk gets more airtime than my WMP or Mongoose. Mainly cause I'm not that good yet and I'd rather repair it than those other 2. P90's are cheap compared to Nitros. Lots of days it's my warmup kite. If getting to excited or struggling for a trick on another I go back to it. For some reason kite calms me down and I refocus.Last month I broke 3 ULE on it.This is my second Nighthawk and I'd never broken the ULE before. Same trick. Roll up the kite, land on a wing tip, unroll spinning the kite then launch. Learned that a year ago but went thru a spell where timing was off and it's not the only kite I broke.
  19. The event turned out very well. The high water was a problem on Friday and light wind Saturday morning, but Saturday afternoon and Sunday were great. I got some tips from Paul LaMasters and hopefully can fly with the group next year.
  20. Nice meeting you two. Fun to put faces to the names on here. Hopefully I'll see you next year, and we can get a chance to fly together !
  21. Hey everybody!! My wife and I (Mel and Suzanne) had an absolute BLAST watching and flying with you all this weekend!1 just wanted to thanks or being so friendly and inspirational! Mel
  22. Last week
  23. One Sky, One World 2019

Wind was challenging, but the 10' Banshee Scimitar got to show its tail..

24. Bridles over time tend to wear and break. They are also often removed when stacking kites and can be misplaced. The Bridles are replacements for worn, lost or discolored bridles..
  25. I see in the shop-accessories section of this web site a listing for " Precision tied quad bridles " and am wondering if there is an advantage to installing these or is it just for if something happens to the bridle already installed? This may a real newbie question, but I'm curious. Thanks!!
  26. Lon

TICA 2020

Looks like the new TICA 2020 is available on the kitesandfunthings.com web site. What are you thinking about this one? It is a big kite and very tempting!! I have spoke to Jon a couple of times regarding it and he seems very excited!! Just curious what you are thinking?
  27. frob

Wind forecast

Windy.com point forecasts comparing the models, windfinder.com, and the us weather service point forecast hourly chart. (Start by picking the spot, then pick the hourly chart lower on the page.) I also check willeyweather's hourly UV graph to estimate how frequently to apply sunscreen.
  28. Hello @long Nguyen, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  29. Hello @Aboopoo, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  1. Load more activity