KiteLife Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. This Vega UL is a really good deal from a respected maker
  3. Yesterday
  4. Hello @Prong45, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  5. Hello @JonnyD, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  6. Level One USA has some nice offerings Living the Dream; One Nightmare at a Time.
  7. Wanted to make this before I left for the beach by end of month. Not going to happen so ive switch to making a pilot and my first applique. Hope to finish this green guy before November. Last part I was working on was head and feet from a plush pattern in CAD. It wasnt working out and I decided to just make it all from scratch. Here are some more rows sewn. Getting slower now. Down to 15 inches per minute.
  8. World Wide KAP Week - #WWKW2019 - is on, and we flew our camera in difficult, turbulent conditions with the wind way too strong for our venerable Rokkaku ... This session in Tivoli park, Ljubljana, didn't produce exceptional photos, but every KAP is a good KAP, right? Check out the full set on our KAP website! 😉
  9. i recently bought a kite at a garage sale. its a frostline kit kite from broomfield Colorado i think that it's made of nylon does anyone have any information on it and possibly the value? thank you fkillips
  10. The package from @mebeatee arrived today in good condition, items as described, and 2 days earlier than estimated. Pleasure doing business with you. Moderator, you can lock this one down.
  11. Last week
  12. If I wanted to "land of something", .... I find easier to go passed it first and then slowly pull the kite back towards that stationary objective, with the goal of a standing-stop on top of that something. Reaching forward with the handles suddenly or stepping towards your objective kills most (or all) of the pressure on the sail, therefore it is still/quiet when you want it to be, balanced on the wing tip, say on top of a lighting fixture's pole.
  13. The inverted slide is how I envision my pass across the lake on my approach to the first fountain. I have been practicing it with some appreciable consistency. Soccer goals are taking the place of fountains. On 120' lines my depth perception is lacking and I could really use a spotter (or a good laser measure). On my first pass using the goal it appeared that, if anything, the goal was downwind of the kite. Turns out it was between me and the kite. No harm, no foul. That's why one practices before taking to the lake.
  14. Hello @Mhamilton, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  15. Curious as to your progress during this last year. Hope you stuck with it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Hi all! We decided to make a classic (10-side) drumbox kite inspired by Dick Toonen - and we have a question about the central connector: is it really necessary? Wouldn't the spars simply touch and pass each other in the centre (going diagonally from top to bottom corners), and maybe just tie them together there? Thank you! 🙂
  19. Yeah, I know. I was responding to the "shop around" comment. The Kite Shoppe is about the only place I see them stateside. I think you can buy direct from Lam, too.
  20. The Kite Shoppe has several 2.2 silver fox kites in stock. I own two of them and they are great kites for the price. Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  21. I can't find the Silver Fox 2.2 (2018) at very many shops at any price. Lots of the the old designs, though. (2.5 and 2.3).
  22. I know where my 9 aluminum frames and link lines are, but haven't come across the sails yet. One would think you'd keep the two together 🤔.
  23. I know where a box full of never opened rainbow stunters are
  24. Was back out today, same location and same 120' lines. But, I wanted to see how I would fare with the B-Pro. Winds were lower than I normally fly it in (I've had a tendency to over-control it in the past). But, I'm starting to get the appeal of the 1.5 frame. It was a day of a few firsts. First time I've loosened my grip on the handles and just balanced them on my fingers. First time I was able to maneuver that kite in a slow deliberate manner. It was also the first time I've really connected with that kite. I was focusing on recovering in the air. There's a lake out here with fountains calling my name, but it's specifically posted "No Swimming Allowed". So I was basically working on identifying those tells the kite gives you right before it bow ties or whatever. Then I was working on inverted side slides. On one pass working from right to left I decided to hold it at about 2 o'clock. I started jogging downwind as the kite continued to slide on a parallel line. I ran out of wind before the kite did. I may have done something similar with dual line kites decades ago. But the fact that I just went for it and it worked amused me to the point of literally laughing out loud. Best day ever part 1.5.
  25. Both feet in! I started on Rainbows and have always had a soft spot for small, diamond(ish) kites. I was actually shown these at a kite store a few months ago. Told the owner I knew what I wanted for Christmas . If I win these, I'm sure can find something else to buy instead 😁.
  26. New Karma has been posted. Locking this one down..
  1. Load more activity