KiteLife Forum

HQ Shadow vs Prism 4-D

Lon

@ Zuul: have you flown the kite much? i'm curious about how it flies on longer lines, say 50 - 80' and of course the wind range... having another 6" of wingspan over the Echo and another  3/4 of an ounce in mass puts it between the Echo and Pro Dancer in size  (96" by 5oz). i just got into kites this summer so i dont have much info to offer you...we got some pretty knowledgeable folks hereabouts that may chime in. a couple days ago i was on a beach on the Columbia river hoping to get my new ATM SUL in the air and no go...my only trick was to get it up about 20' and try to get it back down ready for another launch...better than nothing...next to it i had the Echo hooked up and could get it up to about 50', make a turn and get it back to a 2 pt landing. it was one of those calm, sunny fall days where you could hear a dog bark a mile away. i started tweaking the Echo bridle and damned if i didnt get another 1/2 mile on the low end! then a 4 to 5 mph breeze came up and i was as busy as a one-armed paperhanger with those 2 kites! yesterday the wind was even less...and so it goes

@BobL  I've flown it more than a little, but not a lot.  It's always been on 50'-50# lines.  In 1 or 2 mph wind you can fly without moving your feet much.  If you are willing to walk it (fast walk), it will fly in nothing.  Typically, I get bored of that really fast and pack it up for the day. :)