KiteLife Forum

Benson Superfly

Breezin

On 11/1/2020 at 5:32 PM, Andy55 said:

@Icarus, how do you find the HQ Infinity, I was going to order one before I ordered a Hypnotist from Kiteworld here in the Uk, but they were a long lead time, I had to send the Hypnotist back due to extreme vibration and noise, it vibrated so badly it slowed the kite down, and the noise was unreal.

So I bit the bullet and ordered a Benson, and can honestly say the wait was worth while. 
Not got out now for about three weeks due to excessive wind here in the UK.

Sorry for delay in replying.

I'd say the Infinity is a good kite and I prefer flying it to my Hypnotist. It sits much better in a Fade, is lighter which makes it easier to trick, has a much more rigid frame with yoyo stoppers and better wing tip nocks which are easier to free lines from and it's pretty robust. It's not perfect. Mine has  a bit of a line catching nose where the stitching finish is rough and the stand-off fittings and sail panel edges in that area are also a bit line catchy. The Superfly UL finish on the other hand is perfect. The Hypnotist, perhaps because it is heavier, oversteers less and I think does more elegant flic-flaks. I paid £168 for my Infinity which made it much better value for money than the Hynotist which I think is over priced for it's mediocre quality.

I might have bought your Hypnotist from Kiteworld. I ordered it on June 7th just after Kiteworld had ONE back in stock. It is noisy but I find it flies as expected.

How do you find flying your Deep Space std and UL? 

4 hours ago, Icarus said:

Sorry for delay in replying.

I'd say the Infinity is a good kite and I prefer flying it to my Hypnotist. It sits much better in a Fade, is lighter which makes it easier to trick, has a much more rigid frame with yoyo stoppers and better wing tip nocks which are easier to free lines from and it's pretty robust. It's not perfect. Mine has  a bit of a line catching nose where the stitching finish is rough and the stand-off fittings and sail panel edges in that area are also a bit line catchy. The Superfly UL finish on the other hand is perfect. The Hypnotist, perhaps because it is heavier, oversteers less and I think does more elegant flic-flaks. I paid £168 for my Infinity which made it much better value for money than the Hynotist which I think is over priced for it's mediocre quality.

I might have bought your Hypnotist from Kiteworld. I ordered it on June 7th just after Kiteworld had ONE back in stock. It is noisy but I find it flies as expected.

How do you find flying your Deep Space std and UL? 

Hi,

I have to say, I find the finish on the Deep Space stand and UL second to none, perfection, I have flown the STD Deep Space a fair bit now, and the UL flew for the first time last weekend, but neither kite has any problems, build quality perfect, not noisy in the slightest, but I put that down to the finish, no slack panels, or trailing edges, I just need time now to improve my trick capabilities.

Another of my favourite kites is the HQ Jam Session, I have owned mine for about 20 years now, and only recently had to replace the two main lower spreader bars due to a heavy landing, the sail on this kite is also not noisy, but is considerably more slack in some areas, has been like this from new.