KiteLife Forum

Djinn VT by Kite Forge (1/25/20)

John Barresi

We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers...
For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way.

Djinn VT from Kite Forge, $395 value, in PURPLE FADE!

27284F61-07E1-49E9-8A02-4E9D6168D44E.jpeg

==

Full info - https://kiteforge.com/djinn
More videos - https://kiteforge.com/videos/

This package includes a Purple Fade VT (FULL VENT) sail, Mystic 18 frame and a kite sleeve!

NOTE: This is exactly the same Djinn VT configuration that I fly myself - no special mods needed, it's already a boss right out of the bag... We should be able to ship from existing inventory when a winner is drawn, worst case will be 2-4 weeks for restock (depending on color choice).

You can sign up here.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/409, and will be drawn on Jan 25th, 2020!

Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin!

• Like 7
  • Like 2

Let me drop a little story about this one:

`2 summers ago, John had the 3 versions all staked out at WSIKF, a std, mid, f/v. It was a low wind  sort of day, I think I was either on a std or Ashes, so that gives you some idea. Anyway, everyone was queued up to try the std. Made the most sense, it fit the wind pretty well. So I'm in line waiting when John comes over and says to try the mid. OK, I'll give it a shot. I launch, land, adjust tops a knot (John uses at least one more knot of brake than I do!), and launch again. Flew nice, but it didn't set my hair on fire or anything like that. But a good solid feeling. After a bit I set it down and was talking to him, when he says to try the full vent. Now I'm thinking - wait a minute, the winds are light for a standard, and you want me to use a full vent?? OK, I'll try. Same thing - launch, land, adjust tops. Launch again, no problem. So now I have a full vent flying along no problem - my head is a bit spinning - HOW? Before I really get into it, a line starts to form behind me and someone is telling me to lead the group. Not entirely unusual, I lead quite a bit - but I'm on the "wrong kite"! People are still asking, so away I go leading, BUT - behind me are the mid and std Djinns and a couple others. I totally expect to get run over, thinking I'm WAY underpowered!! NOPE!! I'm perfectly safe out here and leading - NO PROBLEM! We go through some stuff and finally land, I look at John and he is smiling and I'm scratching my head wondering what just happened!!

MAGIC!!

• Like 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, John Barresi said:

True story.

Wind was about 7mph, and we had all three (ST / MV / VT) flying team together with no problems. 🥰

Taken the same day:

3E2BA294-49A8-42CC-85A3-F6D6D4FB2AE5.jpeg

Great story.  I've never gotten a chance to fly Djinn with others, but I believe it based on flying them all solo.

That picture is identical to my collection in colors and types.  Not sure why that's so cool... it just is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DonFibonacci said:

That picture is identical to my collection in colors and types.  Not sure why that's so cool... it just is.

ALMOST. 😎

Note the yellow in the green fade instead of the final grey we went with for green and purple (lacking availability of 3rd Icarex Pc-31 shade of either).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John Barresi said:

ALMOST. 😎

Note the yellow in the green fade instead of the final grey we went with for green and purple (lacking availability of 3rd Icarex Pc-31 shade of either).

Oh, yeah... so close.  It's a match in spirit, anyway.  Still cool.

I wish there were more Icarex colors, but given the choices, grey works better, I think.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Love and respect, deepest apologies... Not totally forgotten! 😇

Indeed, just arrived in SPI last night and am neck deep in tactical work with my team today.

Please bear with me until this evening, I'll have a brand new Djinn headed to someone before the last kiddies go to bed. 🙏

• Like 2
  • Like 2

Alrighty folks, still a kiddie awake somewhere... :)

Winner winner, chicken dinner - the Djinn VT goes home with subscriber #1148!

A huge congratulations to @renodc2 (Roger Fontaine), and thanks to ALL for your undying patience and support.

Give me a week or so and I'll get a new prize up, harass me if I don't! :)

• Like 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DTill said:

Congrats Roger Fontaine. I was hoping to pick this up in SPI, but i guess you get it. I already have a vented Djinn, so enjoy. It fly's in much lower winds than you think it would.

Thank you. I am excited about flying it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Barresi said:

Alrighty folks, still a kiddie awake somewhere... :)

Winner winner, chicken dinner - the Djinn VT goes home with subscriber #1148!

A huge congratulations to @renodc2 (Roger Fontaine), and thanks to ALL for your undying patience and support.

Give me a week or so and I'll get a new prize up, harass me if I don't! :)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you John.This is exciting...can't wait to fly it. Do you have my Gleneden Beach address? Roger