KiteLife Forum

Help! Where did 20 years go!?!?

Brilliantone

4 minutes ago, Brilliantone said:

Perfect way to say that, Zuul. I will look closer at the deep space. If you go to Andy Wardley's web page: Wardley.org. and go to the Design page, here: http://wardley.org/kites/design.html#Phantom_Elite

And then go down to the section on indoor kites, you will find his discussion about going to Wildwood, NJ. Kite Festive in 1996. He describes learning to fly indoors from Curtis Mitchell, and he talks about borrowing Curtis' kite, a custom Syncro by Herb Weldon.

Curtis won Internationals with that kite.

I own that custom Syncro from Herb Weldon, that Curtis let Andy Wardley fly. Andy talks about going back to Tim Benson and asked Tim to design an indoor kite like that kite. The result was the Inner Space.

Gosh, I'm old...

What a great story!  Being old has perks, too.  😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zuul said:

What a great story!  Being old has perks, too.  😉

image.jpeg.552e5d318c827a8110c3bb5ccf30aa86.jpegYes. Being old has it's perks. Here is the Syncro. The case has a handwritten note from Herb Weldon wishing Kurt from Avia Sport, and Curtis good luck at competition. It has herb's handwritten instructions on making adjustments to the Active Bridle. Kurt sold it to me when I owned my Kite shop in Cocoa Beach. That was a long time ago.  

• Like 2