Young flier question...

Demented_

How young can someone learn to fly?

What is the best way to start?

- Single line for fun\basic understanding

- Dual line for training?

- Quad line to make dad cry?

What about good starter kites?

Not to say I am not willing to share my bag, but I also don't think a fx32\psycho\badboy are the place to start.

Hey you,~

Each child will be different. I've seen 5 yr. olds on Rev.s with better control then some adults.

I generally have good luck giving a 7 yr. old a lesson on a Rev.

A good questions might be. "How old before they can untangle thier lines?" :P

Good to see you.

BB

Penny

Hey Penny,

Now you got me thinking... Maybe I should just teach my kids to untangle lines and not worry about flying... hehehe. What about dual line? Do the kids get any younger?

My little girl has had an interest in kites since she could walk on the field. Just this summer we were at a local club fun fly and I was teaching her the basics of dual line flying. She seems to have a definite interest (I will post a couple of pics my wife took later tonight) BTW: she is only 20 months old right now and was only 18 1/2 months when I started teaching her.

Now she sees any kites she starts screaming KITES! KITES!

Yup, I think I'm raisin' her the right way!

Chris

Thank you.

She truly does have an interest in kites. I think I might have a serious flier on my hands (only time will tell). Normally she has the average attention span of an 18-20 month old, but when it come to kites, she doesn't want to quit. The learning session pictured above last about 45 min. Truly amazing for a child her age.

BTW: I just found out last Friday that we are now expecting our second child. :big_blowup: I hope he/she has an interest too. Then I will have succesfully bred my on team :)

Chris

Huge Congrats on the new arrival!!! You better be careful tho...when they get a little older they will take all your kites and you won't have anything to fly!

That is why I have been getting into building kites as well as flying them. :big_blowup:

So the way I have been looking at it is, now I have an excuse to build this kite, or that kite or, etc.

Besides If the whole family gets envolved, it makes shopping for gifts a lot easier.

Chris