KiteLife Forum

4 knots on the Bridal

Fred Wagner

Copying from the Djinn owner's group...

How do I tune the Sync Bridle on my Djinn? Always to taste, but here is some added info that may help you decide.

There are 4 knots at the “limiter” (adjustment point) which make 3 clear gaps that you can move the bridle between:

Easy - maximum length gives easier lift (feels lighter), reduced sensitivity, easier high wind management.

Team - middle position gives balance between sharp response and “ease of go”, all Djinn are shipped on this setting as a good default.

Sport - the shortest setting, sharper response and easier axels, requires more knowledge of conscious sail loading.

73167295_717093045433891_5216691200689438720_o.jpg

My Djinn feels heavy compared to my other quads” is something we hear on rare occasion and we wanted to share an insight... 

The nature of the Sync Bridle on the Djinn is designed to cup and hold air, the “heavy” feeling some feel is easily remedied by lengthening the adjustment knots on the bridle itself - shorter means more compression and trick ability, longer means easier tilt / change of attack angle, whereas the shorter settings are for experienced pilots who are familiar with “whump” and advanced sail loading. 

• Like 2