KiteLife Forum

Revolution Supersonic vertical spars

T in WI

Looking for confirmation....

I won a used Supersonic on our club raffle last weekend and finally got around to assembling it to check out the overall condition.

The way the bungees are on the leading edge end caps for the 4 verticals makes me think the previous owner flew it with the spars in front of the sail.

I would have assumed that they should be behind the sail like a 1.5 model. I just have never seen an actual SS before so I guess anything is possible.

Before I start retying the bungees could someone verify the Supersonic is the same as a 1.5 with the spars behind the sail??

Thanks

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

The Supersonic (and all the Speed Series) is a special critter. You put the vertical spars into the top caps and then swing them over to the back side. This puts a curved "rollover" leading edge on the kite once all four uprights are installed. It's supposed to look like that. Think airfoil shape. This also eliminates the air dam created by the leading edge spar on normal Revs while the kite is flying in reverse which reduces drag enough to make the kite nearly as fast in reverse as it is in forward. Use plenty of brake until you get used to this beast. It has moves you didn't anticipate. It also does some interesting things that regular Revs don't. Type supersonic into the search bar and read about it. If you want to learn to do circles leading with the tip, both inside and outside, this is the kite for it.

• Like 1
  • Like 1