KiteLife Forum

Storing kites

windwarrior

Short term? Agreed with Zuul, in a bag in my vehicle, ready to take out onto the field.

Long term, would be a double-check that all elastics are de-tensioned, then laying down somewhere I know they'll stay dry, cool, and otherwise protected.  But really, that's just a sad situation since the kite was meant to be flown.

Retired, mounted on a wall in a place of honor for all to see.

My biggest concern for storing is really for the seasons I don't fly. Either due to inclement weather or no wind. Concerns being really condensation possibilities building up on rolled up kites and laying on each other. I keep them in the closet in my room and I noticed last winter keeping my closet door shut with the heater on, it seemed kinda cold when I would go in after work to grab something. So I began keeping the door open instead to let some warm air in. 

Yes, I actually DO hang a few kites from the ceiling(chuckle). They make great conversation starters! I switch them out all the time. 👍