KiteLife Forum

I don't have to run!

Grandpa

About 10 years ago we went on a family vacation to Seaside Oregon. I learned that you don't have to run until your bygosh falls off to get a kite flying. This is good for someone my age!

These family vacations went on for about eight years until my parents health prevented us from going. My parents are gone now and my wife and I are going to try and restart the tradition. We will be in Seaside on September 10th... wish I had checked the calendar before I made the reservations... Lewis and Clark were friends of mine, you know.

Thanks to the inspirational videos of John B, this years kite will be a REV 1.5 SLE. Since I'm an old fashioned patriot I'm thinking the red, white and blue kite will look good.

And I going to buy my two-year-old granddaughter a kite, since her Dad said no.!

Bill

In Idaho

We will be in Seaside on September 10th... wish I had checked the calendar before I made the reservations... Lewis and Clark were friends of mine, you know.

Thanks to the inspirational videos of John B, this years kite will be a REV 1.5 SLE. Since I'm an old fashioned patriot I'm thinking the red, white and blue kite will look good.

And I going to buy my two-year-old granddaughter a kite, since her Dad said no.!

Bill

In Idaho

Welcome to the forum Bill!

I hope we get to see you on the beach Sept 10th, as we will be there Sept 9th and 10th for a competition!

You can see the real thing vs. video!

Theresa

We will be in Seaside on September 10th... wish I had checked the calendar before I made the reservations... Lewis and Clark were friends of mine, you know.

Bill

In Idaho

I hope we get to see you on the beach Sept 10th, as we will be there Sept 9th and 10th for a competition!

Theresa

We hope to be in Seaside around noon... hope you're still there.

Did I hear someone say "Free Rev Lessons"??!!!

Not the only one in the USA... There's also Too Much Fun from SoCal. :big_blowup:

Plus, a whole bunch in Europe.

I wanted to drive but the vote was 7 to 1 for flying. Me and my sister are paying for this trip and I didn't know it was majority rule. Oh well... What is the best way to fly with my kites? Will I want my one and two line kites after I've been with a Rev?

Bring everything you can! :big_blowup:

For quick, dirty and safe travel with kites... You can't beat a large capped PVC tube.

I use a rolling hard case, but that's a $100 investment easy.

Do a search for travel with kites on this forum, should turn up some more info.

Bill

In Idaho

Theresa

Delta is playing games with our reservations. As it stands now we will be in Seaside Saturday afternoon Sept 9th.

See you on the beach!!!

Bill

In Idaho

Bring everything you can! :)

For quick, dirty and safe travel with kites... You can't beat a large capped PVC tube.

I use a rolling hard case, but that's a $100 investment easy.

Do a search for travel with kites on this forum, should turn up some more info.

My son-in-law and I are building what looks like a 4foot long pipe bomb (not really). Delta's gonna love it.

Bless you Bill, come fly with us anytime! :)

By the way... I broke down and signed up with Paypal just so I could subscribe to Kitelife.

I just bought it for the articles.

You can bring my new Gallego to Seaside and save shipping!

Bill

here in wildwood the the winds are only good off the ocean or bay of the land they are usually gusty 10 mph with 30 gust or more i usually use a whole 3 wrap set i only go 2 wrap in a light breeze i never know you could mix up the sizes of spars until now

Whew... Winds like that, I often go with:

4 wrap center leading edge

3 wrap outer leading edge

2 wrap verticals

Not easy flying in those winds though, no matter how you slice it. :matrix:

Okay... why the mixup in size?

Went out with my daughter and son-in-law this evening. Wind from the north @ 20 gusting to 35 - 40.

I wimped out on my new Rev... I want the first time to be good. We pulled out two dual lines and had a lot of fun and drew a small crowd. My son-in-law's first time flying.

its always a good day when you drawl a crowd

Son-in-law and I went out today. Got out my new Rev. Wind was 7 or 8 mph gusting to about 20.

The hard part was the direction would vary by 30 or more degrees.

First 45 minutes for tangles and alot of walking.

Finally got it up and right back down.

Spent a lot of time crashing.

On the bright side... I was getting it off the ground for awhile or it wouldn't be crashing!!!