KiteLife Forum

Hello everyone

Neil

I'm a new member and have already been more than happy with the speed  of the replies to my questions.so here is another..... I'm an Englishman living in the south of Sweden (Kalmar) and wondered if anyone else out there is flying revolution kites? 

Please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hello and Welcome! It is not every day you learn about some person that can pilot a QLK or DLK in Sweden!

I do quads (and duals only occasionally nowadays) and like to discuss the various aspects thereof. I practice all year-round at least weekly with outdoor and/or indoor quads. However I do not live close to Kalmar, but in Stockholm. If you would happen to pass Stockholm it would be fun to do some common (during these unfortunate times: outdoors only) kiting. On Gärdet (large field in Stockholm) perhaps?

Unfortunately I don’t think that there is such a thing as a Swedish club for duals or quads here. I have never seen/heard of any Swede now actively doing quads than @Anders Matson (west coast of Sweden). Last year @Axident (doing quads I believe) put his marker in Malmö (see https://kitelife.com/forum/membermap/ ). However the four line Orao kite is marketed in a department store chain in a few places, so there could be more persons active (though I have never seen one being piloted).

• Like 1

Hej Exult

Thankyou for your reply. There is kite shop on Öland not far from Kalmar were I live and I hoped that there was a kite klubb that I had missed. I think your right when you wrote that there isn't many active quad line flyers in Sweden....I get some very strange looks, and remarks about ,"there's not enough wind"!!!!

Sometimes I travel to Uppsala to visit my partners relations.I would be more than happy to meet up with you. I've never tried indoor kite flying and would love to give it ago.

Thanks 

20 hours ago, Neil said:

Sometimes I travel to Uppsala to visit my partners relations.I would be more than happy to meet up with you.

Sounds great. Feel free to contact me in advance to make it easier to plan.

20 hours ago, Neil said:

I've never tried indoor kite flying and would love to give it ago.

Low/zero wind outdoors on short lines and indoors are not very different from each other and can be performed with a Rev std (though you need to move your feet more in zero wind compared to a Rev Indoor). A key thing is to apply enough brake when the wing is in normal flight forwards, so that pressure is maximized and required number of steps are minimized IMO (also pulling in the direction of the lines is important). That being said I have not been doing short line zero/low wind piloting regularly for more than say five months.

• Like 1