KiteLife Forum

Kaiju by Kite Forge (May 10, 2020)

John Barresi

We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers... For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way.

The winner of this drawing will receive one brand new Kaiju indoor / urban kite by Kite Forge ($125 value).

B61892E4-BED5-4F40-B700-57E4B7195969.jpeg

Actual prize kite is BLACK w/ RED TIPS (not shown in the video above).

Lines are NOT included, recommendation is between 7'-12' of 50# line.

==

Info on the Kite Forge website:

==

If you haven't done so already, You can sign up here.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/408, and will be drawn on May 10th, 2020!

Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin. ;)

• Like 3

Black with red tips, or red with black tips? Half black and half red? Half black and half red with contrasting black and red tips? Black on the front and red on . . . . ?

The devil makes me do it. That's my line and I'm stickin' to it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Barresi said:

The winner of this drawing will receive one brand new black and lime Kaiju indoor / urban kite by Kite Forge ($125 value).

I see that. John? Aha, it's a two kite prize? Or one red tip and one lime tip? This is going to be fun, because annoying the heck out of John is, well, lots of fun.

• Like 1

Really, I’m quite eager to get this one, to close the circle. I started out years ago with the conviction: -”Naah, QLKs are for others - I’m a DLKer only”. OK, tried QLKs and “got stuck” there for soon three years now, but for a long time thought that zero wind was not for mortals. Then I got properly started with indoor/zero wind piloting about half a year ago, still sticking to QLKs. While keeping a zero/low wind focus (the available nearby parking makes this kind of a natural choice) a return to DLKs could be through the Kaiju (which will obviously arrive here in Northern Europe any time soon b.t.w. 🙂 ).

• Like 5

On 4/1/2020 at 1:21 PM, makatakam said:

Aha, it's a two kite prize? 

With full disassembly you could make about 12 prizes. Win a dozen kite parts in a stylish Kite Forge travel case. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Well, that doesn't happen very often...

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 9.41.21 AM.png

One of the last two folks to make noise were actually drawn as the winner!

Seriously, congrats to #1464 / @frob - now you can fly your other Kaiju all the more aggressively. :) 

New prize being cooked up ASAP, stay tuned - thanks all!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

YAY!!!  I can't believe it. 

You can be sure I'll feel more comfortable flying it outdoors now, and be a little less afraid of finding it's limits.  I won't be flying with reckless abandon, but on light wind days I'll feel less risk.

I wonder if I can make a stack of them for indoor?

THANK YOU so much!

• 1 month later...

The new Kaiju has certainly seen workouts outside, about eight hours over the month when winds were otherwise low. Not just me flying, I also handed it over to three others who struggled to fly those days. 

I sadly didn't get video, I've had both the red/black and blue/white up together, including today with a daughter. (Still keeping the green as an indoor only kite.) She was sad at first with the light wind and said she preferred quads, but after an hour she was more confident than ever. There were a few times the breeze would not support her kite the way she flew, but on 40 foot lines I had a blast. 

I have had spars pop out with breezes around 10 MPH and after hard landings, but so far everything is still intact. It seems far less fragile than it felt before. 

• Like 1