KiteLife Forum

Rocky Mountains - USA

Dethlore

There is fairly little organized flying in the region. I moved four years ago and was the only person I could find who regularly flew on the Wasatch Front. There's a few people who used to be in competitions but no longer were. I have a brother who flies his flexifoils every year or so when I am out there and convince him to fly with me, but that doesn't help you much. 

The roundup at Antelope Island had a kite festival with the events but I think it stopped several years ago. Old news articles may help you find names and contacts. But if you are elsewhere in Northern Utah it may take travel time. You weren't very specific about where you were, Logan, Brigham, Ogden, they are more likely to find like minded people than Snowville or farm country. 

The kite store A Wind of Change closed their physical store in Vegas and moved the shop online, and moved to Salt Lake City several years ago, they may help find some local contacts.