KiteLife Forum

I will make your kite for you

Shortlineflyer

If there is anyone who wants a kite and cant build it on their own I will build it for you. I will just charge for materials used. I just want the scraps left after each project. cost will be cost per yard of fabric per color, cost of printing the plan and making a template if needed, spars and  other materials/hardware/notions(tape, webbing, etc.) used, plus the shipping cost the materials. If you cant pick up the kite, there will also be a charge for shipping it to you. the only kites I wont make are soft kites, i.e. foils and display kites. If anyone wants to see my previous work I can post pictures. 

Edit on 4/30

I can also do applique and reverse applique work for an additional cost. The cost will be based on the size and complexity of the design you want as well as materials. if it is something small i might have some scrap materials i can use but it is not a guarantee as I do not have whole lot of color options with the scraps i currently have.

• Like 2

Friendly PSA, just remember / be cognizant of offering to build designs that are still being produced commercially... Fir example, B-Series is essentially a 1.5 Classic which has only just been discontinued with a good bit of stock still in stores... The HQ Pig however, not sure it's made anymore... Etc... Food for thought.

Anyway, I have to play papa bear here in the KiteLife den, just mind those P's and Q's so I don't have to... Thank you. ✌️

• Like 1

I wasnt planning on doing anything like that. If I were to make a kite for someone it is usually a plan that is readily available to the public or a plan that is provided to me by that someone. 

I'm not really making an original quad pig since the original is much smaller than the one I would be making and i dont have an exact plan of the original I'm just going by pictures and drawings

• Like 1

Hi there,

I think that you will find that the HQ Quad Piggy was designed by Jan Houtermanns.

Jan also had close connections with the Fly High kite shop in Vienna. Fly High published a version of Jan's Kite on their website (sadly defunct along with the shop) but it is still available at kiteplans.org https://www.kiteplans.org/planos/saubau/saubau.html

Just in case you need any ideas.

I believe that HQ used a few designs that had been published getting the designer to make a few changes to facilitate mass production of commercual kites. The Bowkite springs to mind. https://www.kiteplans.org/planos/bowkite/Bowkite.pdf

• Like 1

I have my first official customer.  He wants a 5-6 foot wide delta conyne. I am placing the order for materials this week. I can give people a discount on shipping if they desire they want something before I order the materials. I will be placing the order tomorrow evening when I get home from work around 7 pm.