KiteLife Forum

Can you identify this kite?

LarryCW

Hi everyone!  :)

I need your help identifying my 30 year old kite, does this look familiar to anyone??? 

It has an 8 foot wingspan, and measures 5 1/2 feet from nose to wing-tip. I'm trying to repair/refurbish it, but I can't for the life of me remember the brand, and model, making it rather difficult to source suitable parts.

Thanks.  :)

IMG_20200424_172508_7.gif

I was going to say a Peregrine as well or a Pro Cheetah......but the framing/fittings threw me off. I have a 3/4 Peregrine.... There are a bunch of us with oldies but goodies kitewise. Good luck with the refurbish!!

On another note....my Mom lives in Chilliwack and I (used to) go out and visit from time to time......

bt

• Like 1

WOW!

SMALL world!  :)

And good to know that there are still a few out there, and still flying!

In case anyone is curious, I'm looking to get one of the stand-offs (shown above) 3-D printed, so...

a.) I'll let you all know how much it costs to get something like that made from scratch. And...

b.) I'll get whoever does it to upload the design so that if anyone else breaks one, they'll be able to easily get a new one printed.

Cheers, and stay safe all!  :)

• 1 year later...

I'm in need of this same exact part for my Peregrine.   Must have been common for them to break....I remember I broke one a few years after I purchased the Peregrine, and it's been sitting in my garage since then.   Wish I had bought some replacement parts back in the day!    Anyone know of a possible substitute part?   I don't have a 3D printer (or know anyone with one).   I'd love to get this bird back in the air!