KiteLife Forum

Lightning a 1.5 SLE

Scotty

Hi there.

Have had my 1.5 SLE for a few days now, and am wanting to lighten it up to fly in lighter winds (since i got the kite, there's been little to no wind at all for some reason)

What is the best way to make it lighter? a lighter frame?

does anyone have links to some lighter spars? and what to use?

Thanks

Scott

Hi there.

Have had my 1.5 SLE for a few days now, and am wanting to lighten it up to fly in lighter winds (since i got the kite, there's been little to no wind at all for some reason)

What is the best way to make it lighter? a lighter frame?

does anyone have links to some lighter spars? and what to use?

Thanks

Scott

Do you have the large diameter tubes in your kite?

You could go to the smaller diameter 2 wrap tubes for light wind.

Most flyers try to build up a selection of tubes to switch out depending on the wind.

The best selection to have in your 'go to' bag are 5 of each 2 wrap, 3 wrap and 4 wrap.

Gives you lots of options that way. You can also 'double load' the leading edge with 2 rows of tubes, if you use the smaller diameters. Expands your options even more.

Theresa

Yea, i have the ones that came with the 1.5 SLE. the leading edge is almost a half inch in diameter, and the verticles are around a quarter inch.

i see the Kite Shoppe has 3 brands of tubes, although i dont know which ones are the right ones.

You can also 'double load' the leading edge with 2 rows of tubes, if you use the smaller diameters. Expands your options even more.

Theresa? Tell me more please. First I've heard of this option.

BB Penny

John's idea?

Spotting in Boston for him, Scotty Weider and I go out on the field with extra tubes sticking out of our back pockets. LOL!

Basically, just put your 3 tubes in the leading edge with the end caps on. If the wind is more than that can take, just slip in another row of 3. No end caps to anchor them, they're snug enough to stay put.

Now, getting them out again, in less than 45 seconds......well, let's just say we managed :P

T