KiteLife Forum

Welcome Fubar

Hello @Fubar,

Welcome to KiteLife®!

Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Need to tweak settings?

Edit your profile here - View Member
Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/

Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for...

Member Chat
Member Map
KL Shop

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life! ;)

Thanks John!

I'm an avid flyer, although not too much kite experience.

Most of my flying experience is RC, and I have a mix of fixed and rotary wing craft.

Over the past 2 years I've also been flying gliders (actual, not RC!) and was close to getting my license before the C-word hit us.

In terms of kites I have been flying a 2-line delta wing which is a lot of fun. It's quite old (although not much used) and marked as a "Pico" from Flexifoil International in Newmarket, although I couldn't find any information or photos on the internet (well, flexifoil are now a big corp but that model isn't on their website) - I'd be very curious if anyone knows about these! (I can post a photo if you want.)

At this point I discovered the 4-line kites and really want to get into that... Still deciding which one to get first though. I'd like to meet people in my area (Cambridge UK) if there are any!

Cheers
--Thomas

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. Bunch of flyers in the UK and a bunch of festivals. As soon as the c-crap is over get over to a few of them. They'll help you along. They're even friendlier than RC guys. I also done both, so I can say that with confidence.

Hi Fubar, 

Jeremy Wharton gave me the tip that you are looking to fly quad line !

We are not too far from you on Dunstable Downs and you are most welcome  to come and join us, we are usually on site from 10am on Sundays where we can assist you in what and where to buy and of course try our kites !

You can find me on face-book as"bill final "  and team  "Dunstable Downs Old Gents" 

• Thanks 1

Hi Bill, thanks for your message.

Dunstable sounds good - an hour's drive isn't too bad.

Are you still meeting every Sunday? Guess it's good to stay >2m apart when flying kites anyway :D Maybe I can bring some gloves and sanitiser if we are to share handles...

Unfortunately I don't have facebook (and refuse to do so). Could you give me coordinates of the field here or in a PM please?

• Like 1