KiteLife Forum

Gray Skies and kite to match

riffclown

Using the sewn pic above, I created a mirror image to plan the center panel. Thinking Silver, Charcoal and Black with White mesh.. I may add additional stripes.  Just not wanting a plain center panel. Created the following concept image.

CenterVentConcept(web).jpg

• Like 2
  • Like 1

Using the sewn pic above, I created a mirror image to plan the center panel. Thinking Silver, Charcoal and Black with White mesh.. I may add additional stripes.  Just not wanting a plain center panel. Created the following concept image.
CenterVentConcept(web).thumb.jpg.18add768db0f3e8b4860d5b78b53fe51.jpg

This is gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
21 hours ago, Bunduki Vlieger said:

Those of the gliders... yes. With quads I rather reduce to the essentials 😉

Yeah right....good one....the “essentials”....reduce?....bwahahahahaha!!!... (un)fortunately the essential list is still quite large....as it gets quite specific...the seasons are changing and the tides change as well so that means it is essential to have summer kites and winter kites....;) It is also essential to colour the sky differently depending on the colour of the sky....more “essential” kites....yay...... Quads....especially older revs....have yet another essential quality that is sort of lacking as well these daze....the different sizes. To me a 1.5 sized quad is still, after a couple of decades, a compromise between a 1 and a 2....music interlude....which in fact it is...but now the “accepted” size. So for this old fart flyer it is absolutely essential to have and keep the 3 “classic” sizes and of course all the sub categories....vents, frames, bridles et al..... And that’s not even touching on the other wonderful quads out there with the Rev styled sail....and the others....yeeesh. Darn essentiality.....maybe you’re right....;)

Also I love the glider pix!!! I have gotten the glider bug hugely...hence more essential kites/gliders!!!!!!!!

bt

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bunduki Vlieger said:

Well. Truly spoken. But the will is there to limit yourself to the essential things and not to buy too many toys on the side. The will – not the reality :lol:

And then you reach the point no one is making the toys you want so you make your own.

• Haha 1