KiteLife Forum

Quad fliers in SE England? Looking for advice on first buy

Fubar

Hi all, I've been flying a 2-line delta-wing stunt kite and am getting a bit bored with it. I've discovered quads and really want to get one.

Not too sure which one to get and would appreciate trying to fly one - anyone in the South East? I'm based near Cambridge.

Also interested to know if anyone has opinions about the Pulse from https://www.kitetec.co.uk/pulse - any other suggestions welcome, for example any thoughts about the cheaper stuff (e.g. HQ Mojo or Meteor).

I'm mostly interested in flying on the higher wind days - when there's not too much wind I fly radiocontrol :-) Say 15mph+ as forecasted on BBC.

Thanks!

RE: The Mojo. Many people pick up the Mojo as a lower cost alternative to an expensive Hadzicki based wing. The Mojo is a different animal entirely and is not a kite I would recommend to "learn" on. It's twitchy and can be a bit unwieldy, especially for beginners.

2 hours ago, riffclown said:

RE: The Mojo. Many people pick up the Mojo as a lower cost alternative to an expensive Hadzicki based wing. The Mojo is a different animal entirely and is not a kite I would recommend to "learn" on. It's twitchy and can be a bit unwieldy, especially for beginners.

Thanks for the input @riffclown - my experience from previous hobbies agrees: learning on the cheap stuff is often a frustrating and ultimately more expensive idea.

Travel to a point and meet other fliers, it is WORTH that time and expense,.... feel the flight dynamics and see if it's love at first touch, get their advise and " keep the best, dump the rest!"  (Take the best stuff from each pilot you meet and make it your own)

• Like 1